“Great music venue”
Review of The Birchmere

The Birchmere
Ranked #1 of 11 Nightlife in Alexandria
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been twice to the Birchmere-saw David Sanborn the first time and Tower of Power in October-not a bad seat in the house!!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We attended a concert here and arrived early to get good seats so we had dinner here. We tried two appetizers as well as several entrees and all were good. The service was surprisingly attentive, considering the large crowd and people milling about that the servers had to work around. All in all, a good option to eat here so you can get a great seat.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I lived in DC for 30 years and went to the Birchmere multiple times and often go there on return visits. This year I went for the Hank Williams Tribute that is a wonderful show. Four of us arrive early to get a good seat and have drinks while waiting. Then inside we have a full meal and more drinks, and usually dessert at intermission. This year I asked for water with my meal and was told they no longer provide pitchers of water on the table and you have to buy bottled water. What a way to nickle and dime people who are spending a lot of money. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to see my honey Tank the R & B Singer, he did a great job of course. As for the location the bathrooms were clean. The mosacto was terrible, it was 8.50 but it taste like a cheap brand of wine! The seating was crowded so get to know your neighbor.The food I had read about so I stayed away from it and got the chips with the spinach dip. Not the best but ok, I wont complain its chips! I noticed the waitress on 3 occasion with my neighbors took the change for the bill instead of bringing it back and allowing the guest to give them a tip, so pay before the show, or afterwards!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Keep your eye on the upcoming entertainers, you never know when you will discover an reasonably unknown talent or some big time performers in a very nice warm venue.