“The BEST cupcake of my life so far ....”
Review of Alexandria Cupcake

Alexandria Cupcake
Ranked #4 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Alexandria Cupcake was our first stop on our much anticipated vacation to the DC area. Simply put, I had the best cupcake of my life. We arrived earlier in the day 10:30 - 11 am ish and well ahead of our hotel check-in. Price wise, I can not complain as they cost the same as in Tampa, FL. The crumb texture was excellent as was the flavor. Although, I purchased two, one was filling and I only managed a couple of bites off the second. Having never been there, I would not know how to comment on their selection except to say that we had a good choice that included cookies as well. They are seemingly busy having fulfilled several phone in orders while we ate. There is a single bistro table with 2 chairs, the set up is simple, the building teeny. Tea and a cupcake would be preferred, but it won't happen here. It is what it is. Nothing fancy, just simply satisfying.

There are newer reviews for Alexandria Cupcake

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Have gotten cupcakes here on several occasions, and am pleased with the taste, consistency, and service. The selection seems constant, which is good for those of us with favorites. The cupcakes are of average size and are $3, or more, each. This seems to be the norm for the area's cupcake shops. However, still a bit much for what you get.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had cupcakes for dessert on our honeymoon...and man alive they were so incredible! Loved the walk to the shop, down the quiant Kings Street. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Alexandria Cupcake would rank, in my opinion, as a 5 on taste, and probably a 3 on price to value ratio, and, thus, receives an overall "4." The cupcakes are small for the price, and ideally should be a little larger, or a little less expensive. In terms of quality, however, they are everything you would want in a cupcake - moist flavorful cake with a tasty icing. I've tried a number of flavors, but am most partial to the Guinness - a chocolate cake with Guinness flavoring and cream cheese based icing. The store is small, but get yours to go and eat it outside at the main square on King Street (if you can make it that far without eating it first!).

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I made a special trip to Alexandria Cupcake. I always visit the cupcake ventures of all cities because I bake cupcakes for parties and weddings. I love to visit a place that blows me away and leaves me feeling a need to step up my game. But it didn't happen here. The location is adorable. But upon entrance, I was disappointed.There were 3 types of cupcakes left, which I realize happens in most cupcake places by the end of the day. But the presentation was blah and so was the flavor. We purchased red velvet, chocolate with vanilla icing and coconut. They tasted like something from a school party. They were a bit dry and the icing didn't taste sweet. They didn't serve coffee, only soft drinks in bottles or cans. As for seating, they had one pub table with bar stools in the front window which was covered with crumbs. The young man working there was delightful and friendly though. So, if you have to have your cupcake fix-go get you one. It will do if you have a dose of PMS that must be satiated.It is better than no cupcake at all!!