Overall, this was a good value. No extras, just a well-kept, clean room with comfortable beds and bathroom. No sign of bed bugs anywhere. Price was a good value, considering it was a busy time of the year. About ¾ mile walk to King St. Eddie & Neil (front office) were very accommodating. They should be given big raises.The Royal Restaurant has decent breakfasts, although a little expensive. The buffet on Sat & Sunday is real nice ~11$.
1. The shower stall appeared to be made of marble slabs. Plenty of hot water and the shower worked well.
2. Wireless worked OK. It did drop out occasionally. Once you logged on, it was on for the duration of your stay. No logging on each day.
3. Free parking with plenty of space.
4. Had Direct TV Box & remote.
5. The room was very clean. Beds were large (2 queens) & comfortable.
6. The heating unit was old, but worked well.
7. Front desk people (Eddie & Neil) were very helpful.
8. Area was fairly quiet at nite, particularly in the back section.
9. A good number of open AC power receptacles.
10. The small Kurieg coffee machine had a few coffees (4) that came with it, and they were replaced each day.
11. Had an iron & ironing board.
12. Had a working microwave and refrigerator.
1. No paper or pen for taking notes.
2. No table next to the microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. This would have been very handy.
3. No shampoos. No holders in shower for soaps or towels.
4. No hair dryer.
5. K-cup machine would occasionally put grinds in coffee. I think this more a case of operator error than a problem with the machine (although we seem to operate the one at home just fine).
6. The TV is an old analog/tube type (~27” screen).
7. Exterior of units could use a better paint job. Lots of peeling paint and paint on the brickwork.
8. Main office looks run-down. Looks more like a Quicky Stop in the bad section of town.
9. No complimentary breakfast or newspaper. Nearest paper rack is at Royal Restaurant.
10. ¾ mile walk from Braddock station to hotel.
11. Minimal counter space in bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towne Motel is centrally located near some of Washington D.C.'S best sites such as The White House, Arlington National Cemetery, The Pentagon, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Convention Center, Georgetown University and Andrews Air Force Base. The Towne Motel offers guests FREE High-speed Wireless Internet access, In-Room Keurig K-Cup Coffee Makers, Refrigerator, Microwave, Hair dryer, Iron & board, Direct TV with Showtime and ESPN. Free Parking. All Non-Smoking rooms. Unfortunately, pets are not accepted at this location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Towne Motel Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towne Motel Alexandria Hotel Alexandria