“Good Food”
Review of Red Hot & Blue - CLOSED

Red Hot & Blue
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: Red Hot and Blue is a full-service, casual-themed restaurant chain and caterer featuring delicious award-winning ribs, Memphis-style barbeque, smoked wings, and Southern sides and desserts. The atmosphere is steeped in legendary and contemporary blues music and delivers a large dose of Southern hospitality in a fun and entertaining dining environment. History: The first Red Hot and Blue restaurant opened in Arlington, Virginia in 1988, started by Lee Atwater, Don Sundquist and friends. Don Sundquist was from Memphis and served in the House of Representatives and as governor of Tennessee. The late Lee Atwater was an amateur blues musician and political figure that managed George H.W. Bush's successful race for the presidency. These men were friends who longed for authentic Memphis-style barbeque and great blues music. Unable to find that combination anywhere in the Washington, DC area they decided the only way to get it done was to open a restaurant of their own. The Memphis-style barbeque chain celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2013 by partnering with a charitable organization at 24 different restaurant locations. The yearlong celebration culminated in the presentation of thousands of dollars in donations to local charities. The Name: The name, "Red Hot and Blue" is taken from the title of D.J. Dewey Phillip's radio show that that aired on WHBQ-AM in Memphis, Tennessee in the 1950s. This radio show launched the careers of Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash and broadened the audience for artists such as BB King, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray and Rufus Thomas. Red Hot & Blue Dine-In, Take-Out and Catering. Hickory-smoked Memphis-style BBQ, Ribs, Wings, Beef Brisket, Smoked Chicken, Seafood, Full-service Bar, in a Family-friendly atmosphere with a heapin' helpin' of Southern Hospitality!
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good food at a great price in a neighborhood restaurant. Great for families and an "after work" or casual meal.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I worked with Red & Blue to coordinate a catered event at my community center the day before my wedding. The staff was awesome!!! I totally messed up and did not have table clothes and enough ice. They drove all the way back to the restaurant and got them for me. The food was good too!! Highly recommend using them for catering services.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was visiting my niece and her family and they come here often. The service and food were great! My chicken sandwich was delicious. I was amazed at the number of different sides available. In fact her husband ordered a plate of 5 of the sides--all looked interesting. But I have to say that the potato salad was the best that I've ever had in a restaurant--and I had a nice big mound of it to enjoy! I thought that it was fun that the kids' meals came with a package of Oreo cookies for dessert.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've eaten here several times on business trips to the area and I always plan on swinging by at least once on the trip. Memphis BBQ is my favorite and this place delivers. Their catfish and sides are excellent too. Around lunch time the place can get crowded and loud, and can feel very cramped as there isn't much room between tables. Service has been ok, but not very attentive probably due to the lunch rush. Regardless of that the food speaks for itself and always draws me back. I always enjoy checking out the blues posters on the walls. It's like a music history lesson.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Do not go into this restaurant - the food was cold salty and the burger was like leather. Terrible place.