“Almost No 1”

Dining options: Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Almost No 1”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I saw reviews on yelp and most people were happy with their yogurt, so I decided to give Crave a try. Crave is located in a strip mall; not ideal, but not the worst. It's unassuming that's for sure!

The layout is a bit strange since the froyo is straight in the back of the store, the toppings are on one side, and the cashier is on the other. I could see it getting crowded very easily and quickly with lots of little kids there during busy hours.

The froyo itself is good because for every 2 flavors, there's a middle handle where you can twist the 2 flavors together. Crave is spot on with their flavor combinations like tirumisu and peanut butter cup. The texture is a little icier than I like, but it's the second best in the area (my number 1 pick for texture is yogiberry in shirlington). The fruit flavors are all tart, which some people love, but I'm not a huge fan of. I like that they have a long list of flavors that they rotate.

There's seating outside in the form of a few adirondack chairs, but the view isn't spectacular (you'll be looking at cars or McD's).

If you are in the area and a froyo craving hits, then give Crave a shot. Since I live close by, I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good flavor and topping choices”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Riding the wave of frozen yogurt/topping joints, Crave is the newest in the city of Alexandria area. It is located in the Bradlee Shopping Center, near the corner of King and Quake Streets.

Because this is tucked in the mall, it does not seem to get as crowded as some of the other yogurt places. Also, being at the mall, there is plenty of very close parking.

I definitely like all the yogurt choices here, and they will give you a free sample to see if you like a particular flavor. My only objection would be that they yogurt maybe needs to be kept at a slightly higher temperature? I do not have as much liquid on opening the spout at other yogurt places.

Many of the sweet toppings are in tubes that you release for the amount of topping rather than spooning on your yogurt so be careful how much you turn that dial! This does make things more sanitary! Unfortunately, the fruit choices are a little limited compared to other places.

I like this place particularly for the variety of flavors and parking convenience.

• Visited March 2012