Overall, this is a quality hotel with a superb location to get out of the hustle and bustle of DC. I would definitely stay here again.
1. Only two blocks from the King St. Metro stop with complimentary shuttle service to and from.
2. Easy walking distance to the wide variety of eateries along King St. and in Old Towne.
3. 15-20 minute Metro ride to put you in the heart of DC sightseeing and attractions.
4. Exceptionally friendly staff from the front desk to the maintenance and support employees throughout the building.
5. Secure, adjacent indoor parking.
6. A block and a half from the Whole Foods supermarket.
7. Plentiful and varied breakfast buffet.
8. Coffee and iced water in the lobby at all times.
Cons (not really negatives, but some thoughts about things that I think might be improved):
1. There are no in-room safes to lock valuables. You must use the safe deposit boxes at the front desk with the caveat that there is a $150 charge if you lose the key. I didn't want to lock up some small valuables and then still be responsible for a key as I walked throughout DC. Most of the other hotels I've used, including much less expensive ones, have an in-room safe.
2. A photo on the hotel's website shows a four burner stove with an oven. I checked in, threw my bags in the room and went to Whole Foods to buy a pizza with the thought of bringing it back to my room to keep warm in the oven. That's when I realized I had only a two-burner stovetop with no oven. (Please, don't suggest that the microwave makes up for this. It does not!) Not a major thing but it would have been nice for this to have been clarified at check-in.
3. I brought a few DVD's with me to watch in the room. No DVD player! There was an option to purchase movies ($17.98 for a first run movie) but I thought I would be able to watch my own.
4. Finally, everyone carries an iPod, iPhone or iSomething these days. A nice touch would be for some inexpensive docking station so guests could listen to music in their rooms. I've had this in some other hotels and it was a very nice touch.
None of the above are deal breakers, however, and this is a great hotel with a great staff and a terrific location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Residence Inn