“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have to echo what other reviewers are saying--great staff, clean rooms, nice breakfast and very convenient to Metro. We just spent over a week touring Washington DC and this hotel made our trip incredibly comfortable. King St. is fun to explore and the Whole Foods grocery is one block away. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our room was quite spacious with a full kitchen, a living room and a bedroom. The size of the room was bigger than a typical 1 bedroom apartment in New York City! The hotel rate we got in February was really great. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant inside and there are so many options around the hotel within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Actually, every time is a charm at this wonderful hotel near the Metro stop in Old Town Alexandria. This is the third time I've stayed here, and this time I brought my family with me. We made a last minute hotel reservation. And I do mean last minute! (Thank you, G.G., you're one of the reasons I LOVE being a Marriott Platinum Elite member.) The staff was very helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable. Yes, this hotel is a little older, but that adds to its charm. For an old building, the elevators are fast. The breakfast was delicious, and there was quite a variety of items to choose from. The staff who prepare the food and maintain the beakfast area show a great deal of pride in their work. The breakfast area was full of people, but I noticed the hotel has added several tables since I stayed here in 2012. I highly recommend this hotel and its wonderful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. I have stayed at the front, back, and side of this hotel. Some of the rooms are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Talbott, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on April 5-8 2013. We were in town for a family wedding. We called ahead to see if we could check in early, when we arrived room was ready-no waiting at all. As soon as we walked thru the door, the staff greeted us with sincerity and not an act. We will be staying here on our next trip to see more of D C. We were pleased with room, amenities, breakfast, and the entire helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Here's the deal...I had started to type a review of this property and it turned into a novel that no one would read... I've stayed at what most people would consider 'nicer' properties, JW Marriotts, Starwood properties such as Westin properties and resorts, Le Meridian properties as well as independents like The Jefferson in Richmond.... none of them are even close to the service we received here at the Residence Inn. The manager food and drink and breakfast are all great, the room was comfy, quiet and clean... but the workers were above and beyond friendly, respectful and responsive. Tenitia (misspelling likely) at the front desk and Michael also at the front desk went out of their way to make us comfortable. Tenitia is worth her weight in gold. Michael at just after midnight is helping me with a microwave issue in our room offering complimentary pizza since our microwave wasn't working.

I don't want to get too long winded because no one will read the whole thing, but for the service we received from those helping at check-in, serving meals, 'bussing' your dishses after meals, I would expect to pay 4 or 5 times the advertised rate. I will follow-up with a more detailed email to the manager, because his staff deserves to be commended. Never have I come across an entire staff so friendly, helpful and proffessional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank floridahokie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

First, ill start this off by saying that this was a great hotel to stay at. If you are looking for a hotel to do everything for you, ie: wipe you, bathe you, drop everything for you, this isn't the right hotel for you, you need to go 2 blocks farther to the Hilton. The hotel had excellent staff, they were extremely helpful with actually showing us where the metro was and how to get places. Next the hotel room was spacious and clean. It location is good, it's only a short walk to the metro to get to DC, and to KIng street ( where most of the restaurants are). Breakfast is standard, but absolutely sufficient and take advantage of it. Overall, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here last weekend. Good location and typical Residence Inn facility and accommodations. However the staff here are incredible. You get a very warm greeting when you check in. Seems like they are actually glad you are here. Wife's waiting for me to check in and the maintenance guy comes over and says, hey if you need anything while you are here just let me know. See a housekeeper in the elevator and they greet you. Friendliness is obviously a culture here. Breakfast is organized and they actually have someone cleaning the tables as soon as someone leaves. And they has fresh blueberries. Asked for directions at the front desk and she says, let me take you outside and show you. That's impressive. All I can say is well done to all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple