“Good All Round Hotel”

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed January 1, 2013

At $99 per night our stay was excellent value for money. The suite was large - ideal for families - the location close to the Metro and King Street was great and the breakfast service was good. On the down side the heating in our room was broken but fortunately it didn't spoil our stay. We were offered a change of room but couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have spent a number of holidays at this hotel. Great location, large rooms, easy in and out. Parking at the hotel (fee) . Enjoyed having the courtesy shuttle to the Metro. Staff was unbelievably friendly and knowledgeable. We did have one issue, which was solved but was more amazed on how quick it was resolved with no questions asked. They have the "RITZ" touch. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Usually a great place to stay. This visit the front desk was inexperienced and not the least bit helpful. They told us to call for a pick up when we left the hotel at 12:30, then let the driver go at 2:00. Might not have been so irritating if we hadn't had to walk back in the rain. The good news is the hotel is only a few blocks from Alexandria's awesome King St Trolley.
The price wasn't bad and the place is clean, but no more of that attentive customer service they used to have here.
Oh well...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MarylisaM
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Season's Greetings! I am Major General LaWarren V. Patterson, US Army. I have been staying at the Residence Inn located on Duke St, in Alexandria, VA for the past almost four years, whenever my business travels bring me to DC, which is fairly often. In fact, my admin staff know I will stay nowhere else. Since my first stay back in early 2009, I have found the staff to be exceptionally professional and friendly and they make everyone feel like the most important person in the world. I've witnessed this first hand many times From Nejat Beshir and Cindy at the front desk (two of the very best I've ever seen) to the housekeeping, dining, security, and van shuttle staff, I have never enjoyed staying at a hotel as much as I do the Residence Inn on Duke St. THEY ARE SIMPLY THE VERY BEST and I say this after 31 years in the military and plenty of world travel under my belt. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and thanks for putting together such a wonderfully terrific team at that hotel. Happy Holidays to one and all! Warren

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'm staying here on business three nights a week for a couple of months. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, and they offer nice amenities. The hot breakfast is good, the fitness center has just enough equipment to mix up a workout, and the shuttle is a very nice bonus as it takes me to and from work each day.

The hotel is within walking distance to King Street and the metro. There is a Whole Foods about a block away and plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iowaokie
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a long weekend in DC and we booked the hotel through a cheap deals site.

Although my boyfriend has Marriott Rewards, due to the way we had booked the room, we couldn't credit any on our stay, but at the front desk, they gave us a free bag of chips from the mini mart.

The hotel is just down the road from King Street metro which runs direct into DC. It is also near to King Street shops and restaurants (we went to Hard Times Cafe on our first night which was incredible, but also an incredible amount of food!)

The room was a good size and was clean, and the bathroom was clean too. I like how the sink area is nice a large (for me to leave all my toiletries on!)

Breakfast was just ok, a large choice, but all the food is quite average tasting and it was quite busy and sometimes hard to find a seat for the 2 of us.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
RIOldTownManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the review! We are glad you and your boyfriend were able to enjoy the hotel and the area. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for staying with us.

Mike Wilson, General Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is the very best. We have stayed there many times - in fact - it's the only place
we will stay when we travel to DC area. Metro is so convenient and the staff is remarkable!
The hotel is spotless clean and very comfortable. Each time we return , we are thrilled with the
quality of service. The location is perfect for visiting DC. We have stayed at other hotels in the area but the management & staff at this location are what makes this hotel a cut above all the rest!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rmcPhiladelphiaPA
RIOldTownManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for the great comments! We will celebrate your note with the entire team. Glad you enjoyed the location and the staff! We look forward to serving you again.

Regards,