“A Winner in Old Town”

Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
VA
“A Winner in Old Town”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We just got back from a 3 night stay in a one bedroom suite at the Residence Inn in Old Town Alexandria. We were quite impressed with our service and accommodations. This was a busy holiday weekend but the hotel staff seemed to handle the crowds, largely family groups, in stride. Our corner suite was impeccably clean and spacious. I loved having a large living space and kitchen area. My 9 year old son was happy as a clam having the sofa bed and extra TV to himself. My hubby and I were just as happy to have a private bedroom and TV to ourselves. The location of this hotel is somewhat of a catch 22. We loved its easy access to the King Street metro. The best surprise for me was its very close proximity to a Whole Foods Store. It was no more than 2 blocks away! I spent a great deal of time there. I live 3.5 hours away from Alexandria and this Whole Foods is the closest to my home. Otherwise, I would be their best customer. The downside, albeit a minor one, to the location of this Residence Inn is that it is not very close to the hub of Old Town Alexandria sights and restaurants. In warmer weather, this wouldn’t be an issue as long as you are able to walk a few extra blocks. There is a hotel shuttle but I cannot speak to its availability. The breakfasts were acceptable. It was just a bit crowded, so that took away from our ability to enjoy a leisurely time in that pursuit. The manager’s reception was worthwhile after a VERY long day seeing the sights in D.C. The two cold adult beverages per person hit the spot! All in all, we definitely got our money’s worth with our AAA discount on our suite. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — some of the breakfast was cold
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oliviaonthebeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Travelers also viewed these Alexandria hotels
Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
#7 of 54 in Alexandria
Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street

Property: Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street
Address: 1456 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314-3403
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
#7 Romantic Hotel in Alexandria
#11 Family Hotel in Alexandria
#15 Business Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/Duke Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town Hotel Alexandria