“Unless you are in the area..”
Review of Pork Barrel BBQ

Pork Barrel BBQ
Ranked #181 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Don't bother. I ordered rib and sausage dinner with greens and potato salad to go. I got the end of the rib slab with gristle and a small piece of sausage. The greens had so much vinegar cooked into them I had to rinse them with water...twice. The potatoes were way too al dente..all of this for $15...and a drive for me. Will NEVER return!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The three of us came for a quick lunch on a Sunday. The restaurant was relatively empty with 3 - 4 tables occupied and ample parking lots behind the shop. We shared a jumbo pork spare ribs (6-bone slab), sliced brisket, collard green, and sweet BBQ baked beans. The way the ribs were prepared meant that the meat was dry rather than juicy; this takes some getting used to. Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have been going here since it opened. Last Saturday we actually left and went somewhere else.

It was packed more than usual, so service at the bar was fairly slow. My fault that I ordered wine - should have known better at a semi-casual restaurant. It was just awful. Ordered sausage - it came out cold. We flagged the bartender and he got us another one, but this one was way over done. It looked like they took the cold sausage and reheated it. Cornbread was good - but again, it was cold. Had an order of wings, which came out last, after the rest of our food. We ate of two because they were not cooked all the way through.

We were going to order some other food but decided to go somewhere else. I have had just about everything on the menu and it generally is all pretty good (for a non-Southern BBQ place). Hope they get better again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been trying to find 'That BBQ Place' in the DC region - great BBQ, a comfortable atmosphere, and great service...It's Pork Barrel! Settled in a very nice neighborhood of northern Alexandria, VA, this will be our 'go-to' BBQ place! We recommend highly! Enjoy!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We came to Pork Barrel without reading first tripadvisor. What a mistake! We had pork love and sandwiches. The pulled pork and the brisket were tasteless and dry. They were out of ribs, the potato salad tasted weird. Only the coleslaw was good. Definitely a place to avoid.

1  Thank Travelalot0007