“LOVE ”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I admittedly do not know whether this is very authentic food or the best Vietnamese available, but I do know that I love it. Service is super fast and the wait staff is so friendly. Prices are low, and the pho is excellent. The cafe is petite, but I think that makes it even more adorable and it's a really comforting space.
This is definitely my favorite place in Alexandria!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

this may not be state-of-the art Vietnamese but it delivers very decent quality and very good value for money. This place is busy but small, so waiting time is not too long as the restaurant targets a rather high turn over. If you are out for an uncomplicated and good Asian dining experience, Caphe Banh Mi delivers well

1  Thank jdpdr
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This small restaurant is off the main street, but is worth finding. It had the best spring rolls I have ever had. From the outside, it looks like a hole in the wall, but the inside decor is trendy.

1  Thank patagoniac57
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very good pho for Alexandria. Friendly staff. Not super crowded (at least on the night I visited). I would definitely return. Everything I had was flavorful, and the staff got me in and out quickly (which is what I was looking for).

Reviewed June 3, 2014

...as well as for those that are more experienced with this wonderful cuisine. I say this because my first visit to this cozy but charming eatery was with family members who never had the pleasure of tasting Vietnamese food. Both the initiated and uninitiated came away equally pleased with the offerings and service at Caphe Banh Mi.

Particular highlights of our dinner included the spicy ground beef bánh mì, the mixed green salad w/ orange vinaigrette, and of course the house pho, which cooks the rare brisket before your eyes in its warm tasty broth.

It is a small establishment, tucked away from the busy happenings on King Street. However, the wait for seating wasn't long on a Friday night and the service once inside was dynamite. The cozy confines of the restaurant also meant that a helpful server was never far away to either fill your drink, replace a utensil, or provide your bill.

Speaking of the bill, the reasonable prices are reminiscent of those at familiar Eden Center establishments.

The only detraction is a lack of wine selection (they do serve beer), but it looks like they are soon remedying that with a multiple bottle dispensing system that will surely be available when I return for another meal.