“Trendy Vietnamese”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This small restaurant is off the main street, but is worth finding. It had the best spring rolls I have ever had. From the outside, it looks like a hole in the wall, but the inside decor is trendy.

1  Thank patagoniac57

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very good pho for Alexandria. Friendly staff. Not super crowded (at least on the night I visited). I would definitely return. Everything I had was flavorful, and the staff got me in and out quickly (which is what I was looking for).

Reviewed June 3, 2014

...as well as for those that are more experienced with this wonderful cuisine. I say this because my first visit to this cozy but charming eatery was with family members who never had the pleasure of tasting Vietnamese food. Both the initiated and uninitiated came away equally pleased with the offerings and service at Caphe Banh Mi.

Particular highlights of our dinner included the spicy ground beef bánh mì, the mixed green salad w/ orange vinaigrette, and of course the house pho, which cooks the rare brisket before your eyes in its warm tasty broth.

It is a small establishment, tucked away from the busy happenings on King Street. However, the wait for seating wasn't long on a Friday night and the service once inside was dynamite. The cozy confines of the restaurant also meant that a helpful server was never far away to either fill your drink, replace a utensil, or provide your bill.

Speaking of the bill, the reasonable prices are reminiscent of those at familiar Eden Center establishments.

The only detraction is a lack of wine selection (they do serve beer), but it looks like they are soon remedying that with a multiple bottle dispensing system that will surely be available when I return for another meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This small space off the main drag never really got much business in the previous restaurant iterations that were here. Now with Caphe Banh Mi in place it's almost always full which is a testament to its menu. I'd never eaten pho before and the food's freshness and combination of flavors really won me over. I've also tried the sandwiches (which strike me as a little odd, maybe too conventional) but are also really good. Definite thumbs up!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Nestled in a small building in Old Town, Caphe Banh Mi is sure to make you come back for more.

I stopped by to pick up a sandwich but ended up getting their House Pho. Initially, I thought it tasted just like any other Pho, but once the fresh basil started to cook in the broth, I couldn't get enough. I also had the Phoenix Banh Mi to-go. Even after several hours, it tasted great. Their grilled chicken tastes amazing and really brings the sandwich together.

Service was excellent and prices are very cheap.