“Gauge your expectations and it will be a lot better”
Review of Caphe Banh Mi

Caphe Banh Mi
Ranked #10 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Looked this up on trip advisor right before going. Also went to the website and was pleased to see a children's menu.
We showed up, and the waitstaff seemed pleasant but struggled with basic English. They also had no knowledge of a kids menu and didn't know how to bring me plain shrimp and plain beef with rice. I had to buy a salad entree with shrimp minus everything but the shrimp. I kind of have a hard time faulting restaurants for not doing substitutions but given they posted a kids menu then didn't honor one it was a bit frustrating.
I could have let that go but the service was awful (it appears from our observation that their staple is take out orders). They then brought our entrees one at a time and about ten minutes between each(not exaggerating), with my youngest daughters coming last and after asking about it four times.
So the food came, it was good. Nowhere near enough to overcome the poor service.
I would say if you want Vietnamese food, order out or go somewhere else.
Good luck

1  Thank R A

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food was OK...I had the grilled chicken and the fried egg and the iced tea. I LOVED the iced tea! The restaurant is one block off of King Street which is very nice. The service at the restaurant was OK.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the house pho here for the second time. It was excellent both times. Everything was super fresh. The Thai tea is also delicious.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

DO THIS, DON’T DO Song Que Deli is all I can say as a DC tourist, worth every penny after a bad experience with Song Que in Eden. A sure return, wish we’ve known of this earlier.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant is off the beaten path, but boy - their Pho's one of the best tasting there is. Made fresh and really very tasty. I am not a big fan of Vietnamese food, but I will give this one an "A'. The restaurant is small and a little cramp, but its the food that matters. The egg rolls are really crunchy and fresh from the fryer. If you are looking for good vietnamese food at reasonable price - this is the place to go in Old Town Alexandria, VA.