“Good food and value!”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Virginia
“Good food and value!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been there several times and keep coming back! The have the best chai tea I have ever had:) I love rhe chicken pho with beef broth, the vermicelli, zing zang xa-lách! Good food, good service and very good prices! I will keep coming back:)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“We need a Vietnamese Restaurant. Too bad this isn't it.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were delighted when we found this place upon our return to the area. However, our one visit will be our last, as we tend not to return for more rude treatment.
First, despite the place not having but one table occupied, the hostess insisted that we sit at the table nearest the door. By "nearest" I mean anyone coming in or going out hit my husband in the head. It took forever to get an order placed and I thought we would have to send out for pizza before it arrived. Cold. The meal was served in a long unwieldy plate which made it impossible to mix the lettuce, noodles, meat and sauce. You just had to pick and choose what to put in your mouth. A request for a bowl was ignored. This mess was finished with a bill that contained items not ordered. Prices here are high for what they slap on the table.
So if you are looking for good Vietnamese food, go to Four Sisters in Merrifield or Viet Flare on Van Doren. Old Town is still in need of a good Vietnamese restaurant.

1 Thank SidelineObservant
Kearny, NJ
“Delicious Vietnamese food with a friendly vibe.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff are helpful and make useful suggestions whenever I'm not sure what to order. The food itself is excellent, especially my favorite vegetarian choices including the vegetarian pho. Whenever I'm not sure where to go in Old Town Alexandria, I almost always choose this place which is located on a quiet side street and has a cheerful interior space. The prices are also reasonable and there is a lot of variety for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. My brother's favorite is the steak and he's just as happy with his as I am with mine. The ginger ice tea is surprisingly tasty and not sweet.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Bizzare little hole in the wall - but delicious”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Caphe Banh Mi is a new addition to Old Town and is a bizzare little hole in the wall, it is tiny so they dont do reservations. But the food delicious, and they recently (finally!) got their liqour licsence so we'll be there more often!!

Visited June 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent prices on enjoyable food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I walked with a group of co-workers to this place that's fairly new in the neighborhood. It's such a convenient location within Old Town, and they've decorated the place quite tastefully. Not sure just how many tables there are, but it has more room than we anticipated. We'd phoned ahead, and our orders were ready and waiting for us. Food was well presented, flavor was excellent, and the price simply cannot be beat for this area! I'm sure this satisfied bunch will be back!