“We need a Vietnamese Restaurant. Too bad this isn't it.”
Review of Caphe Banh Mi

Caphe Banh Mi
Ranked #9 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were delighted when we found this place upon our return to the area. However, our one visit will be our last, as we tend not to return for more rude treatment.
First, despite the place not having but one table occupied, the hostess insisted that we sit at the table nearest the door. By "nearest" I mean anyone coming in or going out hit my husband in the head. It took forever to get an order placed and I thought we would have to send out for pizza before it arrived. Cold. The meal was served in a long unwieldy plate which made it impossible to mix the lettuce, noodles, meat and sauce. You just had to pick and choose what to put in your mouth. A request for a bowl was ignored. This mess was finished with a bill that contained items not ordered. Prices here are high for what they slap on the table.
So if you are looking for good Vietnamese food, go to Four Sisters in Merrifield or Viet Flare on Van Doren. Old Town is still in need of a good Vietnamese restaurant.

1  Thank SidelineObservant

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff are helpful and make useful suggestions whenever I'm not sure what to order. The food itself is excellent, especially my favorite vegetarian choices including the vegetarian pho. Whenever I'm not sure where to go in Old Town Alexandria, I almost always choose this place which is located on a quiet side street and has a cheerful interior space. The prices are also reasonable and there is a lot of variety for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. My brother's favorite is the steak and he's just as happy with his as I am with mine. The ginger ice tea is surprisingly tasty and not sweet.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Caphe Banh Mi is a new addition to Old Town and is a bizzare little hole in the wall, it is tiny so they dont do reservations. But the food delicious, and they recently (finally!) got their liqour licsence so we'll be there more often!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I walked with a group of co-workers to this place that's fairly new in the neighborhood. It's such a convenient location within Old Town, and they've decorated the place quite tastefully. Not sure just how many tables there are, but it has more room than we anticipated. We'd phoned ahead, and our orders were ready and waiting for us. Food was well presented, flavor was excellent, and the price simply cannot be beat for this area! I'm sure this satisfied bunch will be back!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Delicious bahn mi sandwiches that do not disappoint.

The chicken bahn mi ($5!!!!) brings me so much joy that I never want to order anything else! Not for the calorie-counters; the aioli (I think) sauce is so delicious! Everything I've had has been good.

Like so many Old Town establishments, it's a small place where a large party won't work, but it's perfect for a lunch or dinner with a few friends or great for a date. Very intimate.

They also do carry-out.