“Pleasantly surprised!”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Kensington, Connecticut
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We happened to be in Old Town on Mother's Day and wanted a place where we could have a smaller meal and not contend with the crowds. This restaurant had a great location and we wandered in. The inside is not fancy and could have used some sprucing up.

There were a lot of great selections on the menu. It is advertised outside as pan-Asian, but the waitress said most of the menu was Thai food. I had mixed vegetables with chicken and white rice. It was excellent, very tasty and the presentation was very pretty. A friend had avocado salad and Vietnamese spring rolls- again presented very artistically on the plates.

Since the outside of the restaurant was a little tired looking I was sort of reluctant to try it. I am so glad I did and will want to go back on my next trip. Did recommend it to family living in the area.

• Visited May 2012

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Lost its Lustre”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We went back to this restaurant after dining here last year. The food and service levels have dwindled. The sushi was okay, but a bit tepid in terms of temperature. Although my husband enjoyed his red curry entree, the service marred the experience. We had two servers, both inattentive with bad timing. The result was an evening that felt less than special - we were ready to leave far before the check came. Not what we we looking for in a Saturday night dining experience during a getaway weekend.

• Visited May 2012
bryans road
“Great Location”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food & service is great. The price is average as well

Visited April 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food in Old Town”
Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Tried this for the first time on a Saturday afternoon in Old Town Alexandria, in the prime location at King & Union. The atmosphere was very pleasant, and the service was attentive but not overbearing. The food was spicy, fresh, and delicious. I had a red curry chicken dish that had beautiful vegetables and a great sauce, and it went well with the Sapporo beer. A real surprise was the reasonable prices. Strongly recommended.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Food, Service, Ambiance”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

In the mood for Thai food and wanted to try something new and different. We braved the tourist crowds and tried out Red Curry near the bottom of King Street across from the Fish Market.

The restaurant is attractive, and even though we were only a table of two, we were seated at a table for four so we had plenty of room. The lighting was good, and there was a pretty large bowl with floating flower petals and candles. The tableware is attractive and the dishes artistically arranged.

This is an Asian fusion place so there are a lot of choices here. We had the shrimp and vegetable tempura for an appetizer. Although there were only 2 shrimp, there were plenty of vegetables in a light and crispy fried batter with a very tasty light sauce.

The service was very good -- with the server just the right touch of professional and friendly and not the least bit overbearing or disappearing so he struck the right balance!

For my entree I had the ginger beef with vegetables -- very well prepared with peppers, asparagus, and green beans. Excellent flavor combinations!

I also had a Monsoon to drink. I really appreciate when a restaurant lists the prices of specialty drinks and then actually puts some alcohol in the drink! This drink includes slivered ginger so it was a good complement to the ginger beef.

I thought the prices were very reasonable for Old Town and for the amount of food that was served. We definitely have paid more for similar portions in Shirlington.

• Visited April 2012