“Quick, pleasant meal; and great shop with wonderful staff”
Review of Cheesetique

Cheesetique
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheesetique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a favorite place to stop. A glass of wine and an appetizer or a nice place for a bite of lunch. The staff is very knowledgeable - if you need some help picking a cured meat or trying a new cheese they can absolutely help you with spot on descriptions and pairings. Such a great little place!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This whole street is really neat in the evening, and we heard about this place so we decided to try it. We took the metro here then walked a little and then took a cab. This place is a must. The staff is great, food is great, atmosphere great... I wish there was one where I live! We were just going to do the cheese & wine plate, but once we saw the menu we couldn't resist trying some other items! My mom and I shared a cheese plate, and then I got the GF mac & cheese.... oh my. I could take a bath it it! It's a pretty small place, but the atmosphere is relaxing, quaint, great service... just a wonderful relaxing, tasty experience! I don't know if it's because they were setting up Christmas lights or if there are normally lights, but the trees on the streets were all lit-up, and it just gave everything a small-town feel, away from all the chaos that ensues around you.

1  Thank Laura51618
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great neighborhood spot. Wonderful variety and selection of fine cheeses and wines. The only draw back was the extremely slow service- likely due to understaffing versus lack of caring. You get a 10% discount on an retail purchases if you eat in the restaurant.

Worth trying if you enjoy wines and/or cheeses!

Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for visiting Cheesetique - and for writing such a nice review! I do wish you had received the stellar service that we usually deliver, but other than that, I'm thrilled about how much you enjoyed your experience. Definitely come back to see us soon... more yummy cheese awaits you :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband & I visited Cheesetique for lunch & it was wonderful! Our server, Sessily was the best. She explained the menu to us in detail. She was very helpful. We started with the Pear & Gorgonzola Flatbread. Delicious! The perfect sweet & savory starter. My husband had the cheesesteak & I had the tallegio & onion confit grilled cheese. They were not your average sandwiches. The best lunch of our trip! It was so good we returned on our way home for Sunday brunch. Once again we were not disappointed. We had another great server, Sarah. My husband had the rustic frittata & I had the brunchy flatbread. They were both great but I have to admit the flatbread was phenomenal. The shop is great as well. We spent some time there again with the wonderful staff. The young lady helping us decide on our cheese purchases to go was patient & knew her cheese. This is one place that we will come back to when we return to Alexandria. Well done Cheesetique!

Dear Monica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Cheesetique! I read your review to our entire team at our recent Cheesetique University staff event - and Sessily and Sarah were so so happy to have been mentioned. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us - and we hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A friend and I had dinner at Cheesetique a few weeks ago. We read the reviews and thought...great...we'll try something new. Very disappointing. To start with, the waitress could not explain the menu (and mispronounced several of the offerings). Then, we were overcharged for drinks. We tried to get it cleared up, to no avail - $12 for less than 2 ounces of wine??? Seriously??? And, even worse, the food was tasteless. Both the grilled cheese & mac and cheese were surprisingly, not cheesy. Needless to say, we won't be back. Very unfortunate.

1  Thank CarlNova
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi there-

I am SO sorry to hear about your experience at Cheesetique. We pride ourselves in knowledgeable service, and your server should definitely have been able to explain the menu to you. If you have concrete examples of what she had trouble with, that would be really helpful. Additionally, you should not have been overcharged for wine - nothing on our list is $12 for 2 ounces. Did you speak with a Manager about the issue? He or she should definitely have fixed the issue immediately.

Again, I really apologize for this. Any additional details you could provide about when you visited would be helpful - that way, we can address this directly with the team that night.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Feel free to contact me directly at jill "at" cheesetique.com - I'd love an opportunity to make this right.