“What a Great Place”
Review of Cheesetique

Cheesetique
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheesetique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“What a Great Place”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband & I visited Cheesetique for lunch & it was wonderful! Our server, Sessily was the best. She explained the menu to us in detail. She was very helpful. We started with the Pear & Gorgonzola Flatbread. Delicious! The perfect sweet & savory starter. My husband had the cheesesteak & I had the tallegio & onion confit grilled cheese. They were not your average sandwiches. The best lunch of our trip! It was so good we returned on our way home for Sunday brunch. Once again we were not disappointed. We had another great server, Sarah. My husband had the rustic frittata & I had the brunchy flatbread. They were both great but I have to admit the flatbread was phenomenal. The shop is great as well. We spent some time there again with the wonderful staff. The young lady helping us decide on our cheese purchases to go was patient & knew her cheese. This is one place that we will come back to when we return to Alexandria. Well done Cheesetique!

Visited October 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Monica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Cheesetique! I read your review to our entire team at our recent Cheesetique University staff event - and Sessily and Sarah were so so happy to have been mentioned. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us - and we hope to see you very soon!

Alexandria
“One of the WORST experiences in Alexandria”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A friend and I had dinner at Cheesetique a few weeks ago. We read the reviews and thought...great...we'll try something new. Very disappointing. To start with, the waitress could not explain the menu (and mispronounced several of the offerings). Then, we were overcharged for drinks. We tried to get it cleared up, to no avail - $12 for less than 2 ounces of wine??? Seriously??? And, even worse, the food was tasteless. Both the grilled cheese & mac and cheese were surprisingly, not cheesy. Needless to say, we won't be back. Very unfortunate.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank CarlNova
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi there-

I am SO sorry to hear about your experience at Cheesetique. We pride ourselves in knowledgeable service, and your server should definitely have been able to explain the menu to you. If you have concrete examples of what she had trouble with, that would be really helpful. Additionally, you should not have been overcharged for wine - nothing on our list is $12 for 2 ounces. Did you speak with a Manager about the issue? He or she should definitely have fixed the issue immediately.

Again, I really apologize for this. Any additional details you could provide about when you visited would be helpful - that way, we can address this directly with the team that night.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Feel free to contact me directly at jill "at" cheesetique.com - I'd love an opportunity to make this right.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great service and fun”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A wonderful experience. The cheese and charcouterie is a wonderful starter. The waiter is awfully helpful and gave us great recommendations. The dinners themselves are just bowls of mac and cheese or sandwiches, but the mac and cheese plates are an experience and filling. It's a very nice dining experience and it won't kill you in the pocketbook.

Visited October 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi there!

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a kind review! It's wonderful that you enjoyed the food AND the service. I'll make sure to pass that along to my team.

We do hope to see you again soon - again, thanks!

Washington, DC
“Great Cheese and Wine--But also a great meal”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I love Cheesetique. The menu really works. If you want to meet a friend for just a drink, they have a wonderful wine selection and a selection of different cheeses that are perfect for an appetizer. A great place to share food. However if you want your own actual meal there are delicious cheese- enhanced dishes (sandwiches, pasta) or something totally different --original salads or fresh vegetable soups. The staff is very knowledgeable about the cheeses and helpful when you make your selection. I have been to both Cheesetiques (in Del Ray and in Shirlington) and would highly recommend them both.

• Visited September 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good morning!

I can't thank you enough for saying such nice things about both of our locations. We definitely try to be a great destination, whether our guests want a glass of wine or a multi-course meal - and I'm so glad that it appears to have hit home with you. Please come back and visit us soon!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Wine & Cheese...what's better?”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Always a home run if you are looking for a cozy table and a broad choice of wine and cheese.
The grilled sandwich selection is hard to beat. Lobster Mac and cheese? Yes please! Great mix and match cheese and charcuterie boards with fixens are a favorite. Staff is always well versed in pairings. Major plus is the discount coupon you get for the shop with your bill if you eat in. I highly recommend the Dragons Breath cheese spread! Great ace to sit outside and people watch in Del Ray.

• Visited June 2013
Jill E, Owner at Cheesetique, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi there-

Thank you for your kind comments! I'm so glad that you have enjoyed our food and our service. We hope to see you back very soon... the Pimiento Cheese spread will be waiting!

Best,