“Fun night”
Review of Medieval Madness

Medieval Madness
More attraction details
Owner description: The Medieval Madness Feast is located inside John Strongbow's Tavern. It features medieval entertainment that incorporates the arts and history to join people and communities in fun and good fellowship. Reservations include a four-course feast with dishes like Gallentyn Pye, Chicken Skewers Roasted in Plum Sauce, Three-berry tart and more. Food and seating are arranged family style. Reservations required.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

An enjoyable and fun night out for the family. Great atmosphere. Allow extra time to find Parking in Alexandria. Food is pretty good overall.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everyone present seemed to agree that this was a fun evening. The acting is neither professional nor polished, and they tell you that up front: If you're looking for Shakespeare, go somewhere else. But everyone puts their heart into it, and makes it fun. Sitting at the long table and interacting with all the other guests--a happy bunch--is a big part of the charm. The food is quite good, although I could have wished for slightly larger portions of some things. Even though I'm not much of a drinker myself, everyone seemed to agree that the mead and ale were excellent, as well as the various beers available, all supposedly dating back to the 1400s. Some of the bawdy songs were hilarious. All in all, I can't think of any negatives except the line at the bathrooms during intermissions. Likely will do a repeat visit one of these days.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lords and Ladies, Dukes and Duchesses - come on out for a fun time! The ambiance is perfect. The food is really quite -- stealing from Rachel Ray -- YUMMO! I have never had a bad experience here and I recommend it to my friends all the time. It's dinner, it's historical, it's theatrical. In my opinion, you can't beat this venue in OT Alexandria! What a gem!

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Heard about this place from Tripadvisor and figured I'd check it out. I called ahead so I'm not sure if they take walk-ins but probably not. Call ahead.
It was expensive I'll say that (60 a person) but two tankards of ale are included or one goblet of mead.
The food was good, the chicken surprisingly good, and the beer was incredible.
The actors did a good job, most were quite enthusiastic about their roles.
Don't expect the show to be authentic just expect it to be fun. I'd definitely go back.