“It was nice”

Ranked #1 of 32 Dessert in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Judging by the crowd, i thought this place was going to have amazing ice cream. I would say it was average, it was homemade but it didn't have anything special about it.

There are newer reviews for Pops Old Fashioned Ice Cream

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a smorgasbord of delectable ice cream flavors. I went in thinking okay I'll just get a scoop until I saw the sundaes. Scoops were around $3.50 and sundaes $7. I figured shoot I pay that much at Cold Stone anyway. It was well worth it. I got a Old Town Turtle-real pecan pie pieces, caramel butter ice cream, caramel and fudge sauce topped with whip cream.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Very good ice cream with a fantastic selection. Great service - I always like when an employee in a tourist location can do a great job of relating to someone from another region.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice choices, worth waiting for in that long line. Wish there were some more summer choices such as fresh fruits like mango and peach.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is great for charm, but the flavor was just average. While I would go back again, it’s not something I’m going to crave when I get back home. The atmosphere is reminiscent of an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. While there were a lot of fun choices for flavors, they weren’t any better than a quality grocery store brand. There weren’t any tables and chairs inside, and I can’t recall if there any out on the sidewalk. We wanted to buy a tee-shirt, which they don’t have for sale unless you ask, so by the time they dug out what we wanted from the back room, our ice cream was gone and we didn’t have to worry about sitting. They were, however, very kind about selling us a tee-shirt (it’s apparently not standard procedure). The line to get ice cream was long but it moved quickly. Prices were reasonable, service is friendly and the atmosphere is casual. It’s definitely a family-friendly place. I noticed a sign that said you could rent out the ice cream parlor for special events, as an FYI.