“Great stop”

Neighborhood: Old Town
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great stop”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice choices, worth waiting for in that long line. Wish there were some more summer choices such as fresh fruits like mango and peach.

Visited July 2013

Minneapolis, MN
“Charming atmosphere, average product”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This place is great for charm, but the flavor was just average. While I would go back again, it’s not something I’m going to crave when I get back home. The atmosphere is reminiscent of an old-fashioned ice cream parlor. While there were a lot of fun choices for flavors, they weren’t any better than a quality grocery store brand. There weren’t any tables and chairs inside, and I can’t recall if there any out on the sidewalk. We wanted to buy a tee-shirt, which they don’t have for sale unless you ask, so by the time they dug out what we wanted from the back room, our ice cream was gone and we didn’t have to worry about sitting. They were, however, very kind about selling us a tee-shirt (it’s apparently not standard procedure). The line to get ice cream was long but it moved quickly. Prices were reasonable, service is friendly and the atmosphere is casual. It’s definitely a family-friendly place. I noticed a sign that said you could rent out the ice cream parlor for special events, as an FYI.

• Visited May 2013
Alexandria, VA
“Not worth my money. I thought it would be better than this....”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've lived in this area for over a decade and always wanted to try Pops in Old Town. Unfortunately, the hype did not live up to the product. I tried to different scoops (Rum Raisin & Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel). The taste wasn't as flavorful as I hoped and my Rum Raisin was completely freezer burned. *boo* The good thing about this shop is that the décor is cute and old fashioned. However, while sitting and eating inside this establishment, I could smell a fish odor (obviously coming from the adjacent restaurant). Seriously? There is also limited seating, which shouldn't be a big issue as most people grab their ice cream and walk along the waterfront anyways.

I'm not spending $5/$6 again to have substandard ice cream further ruined by fish smells.

The rating is 3/5 because of the great location on King Street and the fun décor inside. If I were rating solely on taste and flavor it would be 2/5.

Next time, I'm sticking with my other Old Town faves: The Creamery & Ben & Jerry's

• Visited June 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Charming local ice cream shop”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

No-frills ice cream right near the water in Old Town. Friendly with kids. Awesome flavors and waffle cones!

Visited August 2012
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good but a lil freezer burned”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The flavor selections are great. I got a chocolate chocolate chip milk shake and thoroughly enjoyed. My daughters each got a cone and though they said the flavors were good (one got mint M&M and the other some sort of crazy concoction) they both had some freezer burned spots on their ice cream. That surprised me as the lines are LOOOOONG so the turnover must be good. I can only assume it was a temporary freezer issue. But either way, overall it was good.

Visited May 2013