“not posh but good”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Not a fancy place but the food and service and price is great. Service was a little slow when busy but not bad. Breakfast and lunch had good selection and nice weekend brunch

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place was across the street from our hotel and for Sun morning breakfast sounded like a great idea. Wow the food was great the service was excellent especially considering how very packed this place was!!!, with locals and travelers. They could grow this shop and still make money on Sun morning alone!!! Coffee was wonderful, teas available, and also English breakfast. I would definitely return.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Found this little gem of a cafe 2 blocks from our hotel in Alexandria, friendly staff, fast service, great food, very clean

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The coffee is great but it's the local made quiche and my favorite the Tolapia dinner that brings me back. A frequent stop for bike riders and for Art League students (just around the corner). so be sure to try the ice cream too if it's summer!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I decide to check out the Sunday breakfast. It was busy and luckily we got there just in time because whatever table seating was left, was taken up in the next five minutes. It's typical breakfast menu and great on the wallet. In my case, I ordered the Full British (or was that English?) Breakfast (Cost 10USD). I liked the fact it is something different and rare to find. I've had other English Breakfasts before and each place had a different tasting sausage.

There were multiple waiter/waitresses moving about the corraled mazed table layout. There were additional seats, table and lounge area for food that you would just order or purchase off the shelves. The food was good (my wife had pancakes and bangers). There were additional table outside front but I don't know if it had table service.

It was a better bang for the buck, at least for me. Yes I would go back again.