“Can't wait to go back”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I needed an attitude adjustment and I got it here. I was having a bad week so at the end of the week I went here for a late lunch and a glass of wine. I wish I could have eaten more food. Everything was good. The only bad thing was that I was alone and I was sat facing another diner eating alone...seemed weird to be facing each other. Otherwise, the service was good.

There are newer reviews for Aguaviva

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I guess we had great expectations when we went into this "Latin fusion" restaurant, as it seemed to offer Ecuadorian and Peruvian dishes (which, being Ecuadorian and Peruvian, we crave). However, the "Ecuadorian ceviche" did not approximate anything eaten in Ecuador, and was mostly bland, tasteless and so so. (I guess many restaurants in this area have the problem that the fish, meat, produce, etc., available here is mostly bland, tasteless and so so; but some other restaurants at least make an effort). The drinks (mojitos, margaritas, Bloody Mary) were better, and the service is friendly enough (although not extremely fast). The fried yucca with mojo, an appetizer, was actually what we most enjoyed of our meal. Oh, well, the search goes on.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Some of the best latin food I have ever had. Had the Grouper with a Bacon/shrimp sauce & roasted cuban potatoes. SO GOOD! my husband had the tripoleta sandwich. He said it was also very good-- a little rich-- but good!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The food was good, decorations were cool, and servers were kind; you really can't ask for much more at a restaurant! I will likely be back with friends. My only complaint is that they were out of several things--if they could have everything on their menu, they'd get four stars, but that's always a bad sign to me. I'm hoping that was just a one-time deal and perhaps they just messed up their ordering.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I were staying on King Street for our annual anniversary trip and we like to try at least one new place every year. So glad we stopped in. From the hip decor, to the attentive waitsaff, to the reasonably priced wine, to the excellent menu- I can't reccommend it enough. The yucca gnocci were a pleasant surprise, and my husband's pork dish was so meltingly tender! Reasonable prices, too!