“Villa di Este , Alexandria, Va”
Review of Villa Di Este - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Loved the food and the staff was very nice. Would recommend. The prices where high but well worth it.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We found this place because of restaurant.com. It is now our 'go to' place when we want a nice meal, prepared the way we want it. The service and food has been excellent for us and I usually create my own dish! They are very accommodating. We have been eating here for years, taken many friends and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The calamari salad here is a treat. On this night there was a cream of spinach soup that was very tasty as well. I found the puttanesca a little overly salty but still cleaned up my plate. The service is attentive. At the time I was there, there were four other tables, each with a single diner. The location is a little off the beaten path and there are three doors but only one through which patrons can enter so it can be a little confusing.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Come here for a business lunch and fell in love. They had an extensive list of specials (so many I wanted a notebook to write them down). I had the blackened salmon with Caesar salad. It was gorgeous. Just the right amount of spice on the salmon and followed by fabulous full flavoured coffee. It was wonderful! The service and ambience just added to the special feeling.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

For Christmas eve we made a reservation at Villa Di Estee Italian restaurant in Old Town Alexandria.
When we arrived, the hostess couldn’t find our reservation. In state of apologizing she said that she will try to accommodate us and made us seat in at a table of 6 (while we were 3) and 2 feet away from the noisy busy kitchen.
Needless to say that we were not able to hear each other during the entire diner. We saw that other nice and quiet tables were still available. The hostess was very pleasant with the other customers, greeting them with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She made us feel like we were not really welcome.
Our waiter came to the table and started reciting a long list of specials that were not on the menu and without mentioning the price. We order Calamari Frito which took forever to be served and when it was served, it was as so dry as a piece of rubber.
My husband ordered the Scaloppa Parmigiana: the veal was paper thin and “caramelized “beyond belief. The waiter argued that the way it was supposed to be and finally admitted that the veal was indeed burnt.
My $30seafood pasta was overcooked, watery and salty. Seriously, would you pay $30 for that.
I thought I would take a leap of faith and hoped the dessert will be half way decent. Oh no! The profiteroles were overcooked.
At that point we were done and we decided to stop the damage.
In summary, our overpriced Christmas eve diner was a bad experience, ruined, noisy and an experience not to be remembered.