“Really good "Comfort" food”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #55 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Really good "Comfort" food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Teds gives you really good "comfort" food that is tasty and a bit unique. You got to try the buffalo items. It's really good and you can't just find buffalo on any menu. All in all, a real dining treat.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank James D

Rochester, New York
“WOW, pleasant surprise, picked this off my navigator and was NOT disappointed!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I never thought I would try the bison, but our waiter, Rob, convinced me to try it, and if I didn't like it, he would exchange my meal for beef no questions asked. So, I gave it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Avalon burger and my husband had the open face knife and fork chili cheese burger. The French fries were AMAZING, and the squash casserole was good too. We will definitely make a return trip for bison steaks when we are hungrier. I cannot wait to taste the ribeye and have more French fries!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank McQ101009
Michigan
“Pretty good”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Prime rib was medium as ordered and had a very nice flavor. Squash casserole was very good too. Overall very good. Not great but very good. Service was OK. I've had better prime rib but this was very good.

“Good”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Love Ted's! Always get the buffalo in some form or another. Service is always very good. The decor is a little dark but it is quiet. Prices are moderate but well worth it. A do again!

• Visited September 2013
Santiago, Chile
“Used to be Better”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've gone to Ted's in Crystal City and at this one. Several years ago, it used to be a lot better. It quickly became one of our favorite restaurants. We no longer live there, but during visits we would go, and the experience wasn't as good.

The food is okay. It used to be better. The bison burgers are kind of fun, but don't taste as good as the beef. The sliders are pretty good, and so are the onion rings. The have good root beer, too.

The service is average. Nothing special, but not bad either.

Overall, it is an average experience. We don't walk out bummed, but we remember the times when it was better.

• Visited September 2012