“Probably wouldn't stay here again”

Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place was ok except for two significant issues: the internet connection in the room and meeting rooms was very bad; and the front desk refused to give me an extended checkout time even though I'm a member of the Hilton Honors program. I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HoustonDavid
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.

We were very sorry to learn that your stay was not more pleasant. Please accept our apologies for the connectivity issues that you experienced, as well as for our inability to honor your request for a late check out. Although we do try to be flexible, some days' arrival schedules simply do not permit late departures. Again, our apologies.

Than you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope to have a chance to better demonstrate the abilities of or staff and facility.

Charlie Banta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great Staff, great hotel, great location, weather you are on vaction or business. You can beat the location to catach the train or walk on King street and pick from just about any type or style of food.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating, and for the kind words about our staff.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is VERY convenient to Metro, VRE, & Amtrak, sitting diagonally across the street. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a smile, offered complimentary water for my HHonors Gold status, and directed to the elevators. My room was more than adequate for my needs. Not much of a view as the building structure is closed in, but I wasn't there for the view. Check-out was just as proficient as check-in. Excellent room rate for a Sunday night.

Room Tip: If view means anything to you, ask for one facing out towards the street instead of the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had a number of meetings in Alexandria as well as DC, and, as a Diamond Hilton member, this seemed a natural choice, given its location, and the fact that it seemed a full service Hilton. It was a sad disappointment, however.

For a spacious property in a desirable downtown location, I was astonished that it lacked an executive lounge. More than that, I had to argue to get just about any of the benefits that as a top tier member I should be able to take for granted. No robe in my room or water. On asking I was curtly told that they didn't do robes, despite the homepage stating the opposite. When I mentioned this again the next morning I was told that, in fact, they DID do robes, but only if requested. When I pointed out that I had requested, I got a shrug of shoulders.

The breakfast was good - a highlight - but the other food service was disappointing. The staff seemed unmotivated, and the general feel was that this barely counts as a full service Hilton any more. If it was sold, to be, say, a Holiday Inn Express, one could easily believe it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DominicB
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Traveled to DC for a meeting. Over a foot of snow was expected on the last day of meeting, but hotel did a great job of checking us out and helping us get meeting attendees out to the airports. Good experience. Not my first time here and evrytime I come, I enjoy my stay with a few exceptions. Love the King Street area. Plenty to do even if it snows and they don't shut down the city. :-)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Hilton was a great place to catch the Metro, Buses, Trolley and Amtrack for all of our transportation needs. It was close to restaurants and easy acces to sights of the cities. The accomodations were adequate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brazinkj

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay, and that our location was perfect for you. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic, with so many boutiques, restaurants and small shops close by. Transportation was easy to access in any form. Overall a grand experience.