Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$167
$152
$149
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$101
ComfortInn
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$198
$239
EmbassySuites.com
$197
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$142
$110
Official Hotel
$223
$202
Travelocity
1,575 results
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationking streetold townmetro stationfree trolleydc areashops and restaurantsbreakfast buffetparking garage isvery nice hoteleasy accessroom was spaciousnational airportfitness centerbusiness tripwhole foods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had a number of meetings in Alexandria as well as DC, and, as a Diamond Hilton member, this seemed a natural choice, given its location, and the fact that it seemed a full service Hilton. It was a sad disappointment, however.

For a spacious property in a desirable downtown location, I was astonished that it lacked an executive lounge. More than that, I had to argue to get just about any of the benefits that as a top tier member I should be able to take for granted. No robe in my room or water. On asking I was curtly told that they didn't do robes, despite the homepage stating the opposite. When I mentioned this again the next morning I was told that, in fact, they DID do robes, but only if requested. When I pointed out that I had requested, I got a shrug of shoulders.

The breakfast was good - a highlight - but the other food service was disappointing. The staff seemed unmotivated, and the general feel was that this barely counts as a full service Hilton any more. If it was sold, to be, say, a Holiday Inn Express, one could easily believe it.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DominicB
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Traveled to DC for a meeting. Over a foot of snow was expected on the last day of meeting, but hotel did a great job of checking us out and helping us get meeting attendees out to the airports. Good experience. Not my first time here and evrytime I come, I enjoy my stay with a few exceptions. Love the King Street area. Plenty to do even if it snows and they don't shut down the city. :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Hilton was a great place to catch the Metro, Buses, Trolley and Amtrack for all of our transportation needs. It was close to restaurants and easy acces to sights of the cities. The accomodations were adequate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brazinkj

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay, and that our location was perfect for you. Thank you for the Excellent rating!.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton in Old Town Alexandria. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic, with so many boutiques, restaurants and small shops close by. Transportation was easy to access in any form. Overall a grand experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We were very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for the Excellent rating, and for the kind words about our staff.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The hotel is very well situated as for business people who also like some atmosphere. King Street is very nice with plenty of nice restaurants and pubs to spend a happy hour or quick dinner.

The hotel is very clean, efficient, rooms are more than sufficient and very friendly receptionist staff, the Starbucks in the lobby is very nice for your excellent morning coffee.

Restaurant and bar area are a bit gloomy and saddened atmosphere. The evening bartender is more interesting in female guests than others but that's life I suppose. You got your order and that was it.

Wifi only worked in the lobby and completely not in my room but the morning receptionist was very kind and waived the wifi costs for all the trouble I experienced.

Housekeeping and cleaning of the room was one of the worst I ever experienced. Empty glasses were not removed, trashcans not emptied and so on.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business