Hilton Alexandria Old Town
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
1,577 results
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationking streetold townmetro stationfree trolleydc areashops and restaurantsbreakfast buffetparking garage isvery nice hoteleasy accessroom was spaciousnational airportfitness centerbusiness tripwhole foods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had a suite booked in the hotel for one of my visits to Alexandria.
My room faces a busy train track. Room was not insulated from noise. Some lights did not work.
Quite disappointing. Next time I am going to go back to Kimpton.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sasi N
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are very sorry that your stay was not more pleasant - please accept our sincere apologies.

We recently installled triple pane sound proof windows in all of our rooms facing the Metro Station, and assume that your review is for a stay prior to that installation - again, our apologies.

We hope to have the opportunity to better dmonstrate the abilities of our staff and facility.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Hilton in old town Alexandria - nice large room, great location, short walk to the water and all the shops and restaurants. Will definitely go back and am recommending to all my friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay!

Thank you for the excellent rating and the recommendations!

We look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Not impressed. Hotel is in a great location, but the staff and hotel was not pleasant to stay in. Renovations were going on, without our knowledge until checking in. Food service - room/dining was horrible. Rude restaurant manager discussing our food issues in front of the entire restaurant and then the service getting worse because we complained. This is not the way to handle any situation. We gave away our 2nd morning breakfast tickets because we didn't want to be treated that way again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Marcie T
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We're very sorry that your stay was not more pleasant.

I have shared your comments with our leadership team, so that improvements may be made. Your experience was not a typical one, and we hope to have the opportunity to better demonstrate the abilities of our staff and facility.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visit Alexandria relatively regularly and this hotel is exactly what you expect out of a Hilton property. Clean, well-kept, with friendly efficient service. This hotel is directly across the street from the metro which is fantastic if you are spending time in the city but also want to wander the very walkable streets of Old Town. I would add our room faced the metro and they have done a fantastic job of soundproofing that side - you cannot hear the train! Also very close to the Masonic Monument. A Starbucks is in the lobby or if you prefer a less bitter coffee Dunkin' Donuts is less than a block down King Street. King Street is a straight shot down to the water with lots of restaurants and shopping. This is one of 3 chain hotels immediately around the King St. Metro stop ... I've stayed at the others as well and they were fine however a bit noisier.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Hotel. We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you for the excellent rating and the kind words about our staff.

We hope to be of service to you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

For Christmas we planned a planes, trains, automobile trip to DC & VA, staying in Alexandria. We were using points for portions of the trip, which dictated where we stayed. We packed light/minimally (for me) and would do laundry every 3 days during the trip.

We flew from Atlanta to Reagan and caught the metro to Alexandria. Only then did we realize how close we were - 2 stops. Convenient if we were flying back. Got off the metro. "Now where is our hotel?" "OH - it's RIGHT there!" Super convenient! With all of the touring we planned for DC, this is great. "Oh, but if it's so close, what about the noise?" you might ask. Once in the hotel, even in our rooms - we didn't hear the trains coming and going.

The room was setup as a business suite. Large circle table with rolling chairs and a separate bedroom area. The bed was comfy, good selection of pillows. Both areas were open and roomy - not closed-in feeling. The room was clean, even for my standards.

The bathroom area consisted of a sink/counter open to the bedroom and an enclosed area with the shower/tub and toilet. Both areas were clean. The counter area was brightly lit and wonderful. The shower/toilet area was dimly lit. Actually it just wasn't very bright-not enough light fixtures perhaps.

The AC. I know it's winter time. You shouldn't need the AC. The windows didn't open where we were, so to cool the room -a few degrees- we used the AC. During the day/evening, it wasn't noticeable and I'm the type I want to go to bed in a cold room (makes the bed feel warmer I guess). Anyways, needless to say, we'd wake up in the mornings with the room being very cold like I wanted (but at night). (No, we didn't tell anyone, given the it's winter time/etc.)

The hotel has a Starbucks inside. Not a coffee drinker myself, but they have excellent hot chocolate - and given it's winter time. ;-)

On our first day - after walking much of the DC area around the Capitol, the White House and repeating a few times before catching the "Christmas Carol" at Ford's theater, we were ready to come back and soak our tired bodies/feet in the hot tub. There isn't one. Shock/Horror. I know. They have a gym area. Nicely equipped, but no hot tub.

Because we would be traveling on planes, trains and cars, we had to limit what we took based on the smallest allowed luggage, that meant doing laundry every 3-4 days. On the third day, we were ready to do laundry, but there were no facilities to wash our clothes (besides the sink) ourselves. Yes, the hotel provides a laundry service (at a cost and sends off-site), but we wanted to wash our clothes ourselves, as we have elsewhere.

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. It was an enjoyable stay and I learned to look for certain additional things before choosing a hotel.

Would I have chosen this hotel had I known there was no hot tub and/or laundry? Would I have chosen this hotel if I wasn't using points? (points didn't cover the entire stay, so I did pay cash). Yes I would.

It's location makes it so convenient. Nicely furnished, large rooms.

Knowing prior, I might have packed differently, might have purchased a cheap foot massage water tub (while there).

And for those wondering - we flew from Atlanta to Reagan, metro to Alexandria. Metro to/from DC. A ferry from National Harbor to Alexandria. More metro and then Amtrak to Newport News. Rental car for Newport News area. Then flew back to Atlanta. So we had planes, trains, boat, and automobile.

Room Tip: Feel Safe - Rooms above the 2nd floor require card access in elevator.
1  Thank Anthony S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Hotel. We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us - thank you for the excellent rating and the very thorough review!.

We hope to be of service to you again soon!