“Very nice hotel for a weekend stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Alexandria Old Town

Hilton Alexandria Old Town
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, United States
“Very nice hotel for a weekend stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a "business" hotel so the weekend was nice and quiet with an amazingly low rate on the room. Very nice hotel, rooms are spacious and very nicely appointed. Perfect location across from King Street metro.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Kimberly C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My room was very dusty and the extra blanket was dirty. Also there were only two towels. They also had pool signs all over the hotel but the pool was filled in and made into rooms and they didn't bother to take the signs down . My kids were so disappointed. On the bright side the rooms were large and quiet and the location is very good.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank aweiss00
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not a more pleasant one. Please accept our sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues that you experienced as well as for the inconvenience related to the permanent closure of our pool. A new signage package is being developed and should be installed shortlly. Again, our apologies.

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns - your experience was not a typical one, and we hope to have the opportunity to better demonstrate the abilities of our staff and facilities.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friendly helpful staff. The wifi is $14.95 for 24 hrs, if you can stay connected!! Kept cutting me off in my room so no good for Skype or 'stay-connected' Internet. Wasn't just a problem in my room. I did mention it and the staff were good enough to refund the charge. The hotel brochure and website states there is a pool, but this isn't the case. I was told it had been shut. The gym is average, with a few machines needing to be repaired. Parking is $32.99 per night.
Overall the hotel is ok, but it may be trying to live up to the higher end Hilton hotels but not quiet reaching it.

Room Tip: Ask for one not overlooking the metro and main train lines!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very sorry that your stay was not a more pleasant one. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced related to the permanent closure of our pool. Our website was updated, but obviously not prior to your trip planning. Again, our apologies.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked a king bed room on Priceline for my wedding night. Front desk manager placed me in a room that had double beds and didn't tell me about it. Deceptively transferred me to another Hilton Property in Alexandria that charged me another 109.00 for the king bed room I had already paid for. I utlimately lost about 3 hours of precious time with my new bride due to their incompetence. I was treated so poorly by management at both properties that I will never stay at a Hilton property again.

Room Tip: pick another hotel chain
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Randy M
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very sorryto hear that your stay was not a more pleasant one. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced upon arrival at our property. I have shared your comments with our team so that improvements may be made.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed there in April for Fleetwood Mac's concert. I always stay in Alexandria because it's close to AMTRAK and METRO. The hotels are not as expensive as in DC. The Hilton is a nice property. The employees are very helpful and friendly. My train came in early and they let me check in around 11:15 am. It was great after having to get up at 5 am to get my train. I got to rest up before the show and have a nice meal. I stay at this Hilton a lot when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the trains/subway, it can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay - thank you for the Excellent rating!

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The location is fabulous. The property was clean. However the only issues are self parking at 32$ overpriced. Also gym looked like it was just put in some random room. If your looking for a pool it doesnt have one. The staff is very friendly :) Walls are kinda thin I could hear everything going on in the room next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Charlie B, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay.

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and facility.

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Baltimore, MD, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This Hilton property is convenient to the DC metro, and it is near many nice shops and restaurants in Alexandria (approx 1 mile walk to waterfront). However, it does not accept AMEX Hilton gift cards. The staff is courteous and professional, but it was not able to accept what should have been a valid form of payment. Overnight parking seemed pricey ($32.95), but I did not compare to other hotels in the area. The manager comped my parking in light of the gift card issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple