“Its the Hilton”

Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Long Island NY
“Its the Hilton”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Vry close to the Metro so it is convient to get to Washington. As you have also read it has a free trolley down kings st. Streets are not bad to walk however a free bus where you can also put your bike is nice. Hotel rooms a little old, but the beds are comfortable. Not in the heart of the area. You need to pay for parking howevr you do not need to pay for the apples in the lobby. Very quiet although they have a bar nothing is going on there. Nothing at all for the kids. Pool is crummy but suana nice no jaccuzzi. Not bad for the price

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Old town Alexandria is certainly a great town and our Hotel's location is unique. On the issue of parking rates, our rates are competitive and we also have value packages, something for you to consider in the future. Thank you and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Good hotel, nothing really great, but everything you would need for business or pleasure. Starbucks in the lobby, bar and restaurant. 100 feet away from King Street Metro which is nice. At the very top of King Street, old towne's main street that leads all the way down to the waterfront.

Internet costs $13 in the room which seems crazy, but some of my colleagues were smart and negotiated the cost down. Free wifi in the lobby is your only other option.

We had meetings in the hotel and all the services provided were very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Great Feedback! Thanks for staying with us and we do appreciate your patronage. Feedback is very important to us because we use it as a tool for improvement . Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to your next visit
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed a week at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town in August 2012, this was our second stay at this hotel in the past year. It has a great location at the top of King Street - great for dining out and local trips but also a stones throw from Kings Street metro station with very quick links into downtown Washington DC. The hotel has spacious rooms and is clean and well furnished. Our rate included a breakfast buffet and this was well prepared and very tasty with a good range of food items. Service in the breakfast rooom was first class ! We also frequented the bar area and alas service there was abysmal ! We ordered 2 Blue Moons and after about 20 minutes the barman arrived with one saying there was a problem with the line so we had Yuengling instead ! We ordered a second round of beers asking again for Blue Moon waited more than 20 minutes again and got more Yuengling with no explanation. Gave up at this point !

I really like this hotel and given the great service by everyone else can even forgive the bar

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cdab
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Cdab- Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your stay in Alexandria Old Town for the second time. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay again with us and all the amenities and convienience our location has to offer. I do apologize for the issues you encountered in our bar and lounge and I can assure you it is not for the norm for our Hotel. I will certainly share your feedback and do everything possible to prevent such an occurence in the future. Thanks for staying with us and look forward to your next visit.
Tennessee
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The main reason we chose this place was it's proximity to the metro, which is very close. The rooms were clean and nice but no better than average for Hilton. The in room coffee was not good (if I am going to pay the price for a room at the Hilton...at least give me good coffee). There is a Starbucks downstairs, if you want to pay the price...which I did (my morning coffee is extremely important to me).
There is no shuttle as the metro is so close, so be prepared.
The shopping was great. Just catch the free trolley and ride to where you want to go.
Don't miss the Torpedo Factory Art Center where the local artists work on, display, and sell their creations. It does not cost anything to enter but I cannot guarantee that you will exit without cost. There are some pretty amazing and unique things for sale there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Danielanita- Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you felt your stay was less than perfect. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we are always looking to improve our guest overall experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels brings you back to the Alexandria Old Town area.
US of A
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice place,the Hilton Olde Towne Alexandria VA. There for a friends sons wedding last month and I gotta say, not too shabby! The staff was quite helpful,the hotel was very nice,clean and well maintained.There is one thing I would look to either change or make clearer is the underground parking. Was kind of confusing for a first timer to King Street. Oh and by the way...I know it was a wedding,but kudos to the chef for the fine dining,a succulant cut of filet I never had and I do like to cook as well.Wish I had his secret! Good food. Breakfast was fantastic as well the next morning and it must be well known as the dinning room was completely full. If your on your way to Alexandria VA for Any reason,,I recommend a stay here.
It's a Hilton, prices are...it's a Hilton! I would stay again ....King Street is a hoot! Lots of touristy shops and restaurants and the Potomac is impressive down at the Pier!

Room Tip: It.s right next to the metro lines..try to get a room to the front.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to recognize the efforts of our staff and the great service you experienced at the Hilton Old Town. I am also glad you enjoyed the wedding as well the discovering of all the great places Old Town has to offer, yet you can still zip into Washington DC on the Metro which is literally across the street from the Hotel. We hope to see you on your next visit soon.
burkburnett
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed a week at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town in July 2012. It was very clean and everyone on the staff was very helpful. The rooms were great. My son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter also stayed there for the week. We started each day with the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant, and it was outstanding. We especially enjoyed the friendly service from Giovanni. He was great with our granddaughter, and it started our days on a high note. The concierge was helpful in arranging a boat trip downriver to Mt. Vernon. The Metro rail station is adjacent to the hotel, and the free trolley that goes up and down the old town area stops right across the street. Very convenient! Great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank russell m
I am thrilled your experience at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town was excellent. At the Hilton, we strive to provide the best service possible and you feedback validates our efforts. I am also glad your family enjoyed their stay with us. Alexandria offers unique shops and restaurants as well as quick convienient access to Washington DC on the Metro across the street from the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was disappointed in the hotel who purports to be a luxury hotel. For the high price you really get very little in the way of amenities. The room was large and very comfortable and very clean but we were not offered either a breakfast (continental or otherwise), no wifi or wifi with a charge in room....outside in the hallways; dishes and trays from other guests meals were left for hours on the floor in front of the doors.....we checked this as we went out and returned 4 hours later....the same dishes were there......Parking fee was way too high. It was centrally located at the beginning of Old Town......but to me and my sister it was not worth the high price.....and I am a Hilton Honors Program person.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
We certainly strive for success in all of our guest stays. I am sorry you had challenges during you stay with us. We will certainly look into the issues you encountered and address it to avoid a future occurence. Our parking rates are competive to other Alexandria area hotels but we do have value packages with parking inclusive, some thoughts for the future. Thanks for staying with us and we hope our see you soon.