Hilton Alexandria Old Town
$235
$167
Westin.com
  • Room Service
SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$98
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$109
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$133
$124
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
$179
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$134
$114
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$143
1,619 results
All reviewsacross the streetgreat locationking streetold townfree trolleymetro stationdc areashops and restaurantsbreakfast buffetparking garage isvery nice hotelroom rateeasy accesswhole foodsnational airportfitness centerbusiness center
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of May 11- 13. The hotel was situated in a great location across the street from the metro. We did request to be on the opposite side of the metro due to the reviews I read that the metro can be loud. During our stay we used the pool and it was great for this kids (heated) however, the hours of operation were a bit odd, from like 7am-10am then from 4pm-10pm so they were not open during the day (there is a lifegaurd on duty so perhaps they dont want to pay them for a time when most people are out sightseeing). The only complaint some people may have (although is did not bother us because we are not folks that go to sleep early and our daughter sleeps through anything) is that we were on the 2nd floor and there was a prom/wedding going on in one of the function rooms and we could hear the loud music although it did end promptly at 11pm, but I could see how ths could be a concern for people who go to sleep early that is why I mention it! Parking was not included in the cost of the stay and it was $30.00 per night so that is something you should factor in if traveling on a budget. The rooms were clean, there was a hair dryer and iron/iron board in the room and they do supply your basic shampoo/condition, shower cap, lotion, soap, coffee/tea and a maker. There are not many towels in room (only enough for two people). would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our pool and other available amenities. In regards to the pool hours, you are correct, the hours reflect high demand periods. A lifeguard must be on duty at all times, and therefore we have tailored the hours to most of our guests' preferred swimming times. As for the event taking place near your guestroom, we apologize for any trouble that this may have casued your family. We look forward to your return and would recommend that you consider the Hilton Great Getaway value package(s), which include parking and other amenities that may enhance your stay. Thank you!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights in early May after visiting my husband's sister in northern Virginia. I chose this Hilton after comparing varied hotels in Washington DC and Alexandria for its location (easy Metro access and walking distance to Alexandria's King Street restaurants and historical sites). I found hotels in the Washington DC area to be rather expensive, and this hotel offered the most reasonable rates among my choice locations at the time I booked the room.
Staff was friendly when we checked in -- they offered information about hotel facilities and area transportation. Room was clean and comfortable. I faced the Metro tracks but any train/traffic noise wasn't an issue for me. Bartenders and all other staff members gave us good service during our stay. I would definitely stay here again.
(I saw that other reviewers were put off by parking rates. I did not use a car, but fees were similar to what I saw in other city locations. I saw an ad in a brochure for Alexandria VA tourism that mentioned a special free parking deal at this hotel on some dates, so visitors might want to check for special deals like that when they book rooms in the Washington DC area.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you very much for the excellent review of our Hotel. Your review validates our efforts to be the best at what we do and we will continue, to strive for excellence. I was also glad you enjoyed Alexandria Old Town and all the amenities it has to offer specially the proximity to Washington DC by Metro rail. Thanks again and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Located just next to the King Street Metro (yet still quiet and peaceful), this hotel is functional and dependable. Lovely Starbucks in the lobby (being from the UK we're not used to find Starbucks within hotels! So this was particularly attractive for us). We ate one evening in the bar, and the service was excellent. Our room was clean and fine, although the bathroom was rather disappointing for the price we paid (albeit in a Standard room) - some of the bulbs were not working and were not replaced. Good food and reasonably priced. I would return to this hotel when visiting friends in the DC area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank tjh2

Great feedback for our Hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Starbuck in our Lobby is an excellent added amenity for our Guest and I am happy you found it appealing. I was also glad to hear you had an excellent experience in our bar and Lounge. Thanks for the stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

While I am a loyal Hilton fan, this has been one of my more disappointing Hilton experiences. This Hilton was relatively high priced for what I usually stay at Hilton's for. The rooms are nice enough, the staff quite helpful, and it is ideally located next to the King Street Metro station. I was put off, however by the extremely expensive parking charge ($30/day). You'd think for Gold and Diamond members the would absorb that cost. I have always counted on Hilton's superior internet quality in the rooms, but not here. Speeds didn't support Skype or streaming video. No executive lounge. I found the gym lacking. Next time I'm in the southern DC area, I'll pick a different Hilton.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are only moderately more expensive, but much roomier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank guinnw
hiltonoldtown, Manager at Hilton Alexandria Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear guinnw,
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you found our staff to be quite helpful. On the issue of our parking rates, the garage is Managed by a partner vendor of the Hotel and the rates are set to be competitive with parking rates in the Old Town Area. I will advise you to look into our Hotels value packages that include parking for the future. Once again thanks for staying with us and I hope you will continue to stay with us. If, I can be of any help kindly contact the Hotel and ask for me and I will be glad to assist with your future booking.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed here for its proximity to the Metro and its good situation to old Alexandria. The hotel was perfect for me. I landed at Reagan National, took the Metro two stops south and walked across the street to the Hilton. Perfect. For my meetings in downtown D.C. and in Crystal City, Va., it was far easier to take the Metro than navigate D.C. by auto or taxi. I ended up taking a taxi once, near the White House, and the traffic was so bad I got out and walked the final block. I recommend the Metro when it works for your destinations. The Hilton's staff was great; they loaned me an umbrella one day. The room was clean and comfortable. I used the bar and restaurant and liked both. There's a Starbucks in the lobby, so what could be wrong about this location? Ok, it wasn't 100 Percent Quiet; my room faced the front of the hotel. I could hear the Metro a few times and there's a nearby train track, but it always seemed a distant sound at most. Alexandria was easily toured by using a free trolley which cruises within a block of the hotel. The staff was friendly and ready to help. I recommend it for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: ask for a room on King Street side or facing the square.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mac6,
Thanks for the great feedback. At the Hilton, we strive to provide excellent Guest service and I'm glad you experience great service everytime you stay with us. Old Town Alexandria is a great to stay, given all the amenities it has to offer. I hope you return to stay with us soon.