2,116 results
All reviewsacross the streetmade to order breakfastthe manager's receptiongreat locationmetro stationold townhappy hourking streetfree trolleypretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I had a corner suite. Separate bedroom, large living space with sofa bed, small but adequate bathroom with bathtub. Suite was very clean and roomy.
The problem was noise from room behind bedroom. T.V. noise one night and another night it sounded like people were doing gymnastics. Woke me up at 3:15am. Phone call to reception and security to the room sorted it out quickly. I've not stayed in any hotel, thus far, that just even t.v. noise came through the wall.
Reception desk staff were a hit and mix with their assistance.
Arriving and departure with luggage was basically do it yourself using a luggage carrier.
Breakfast was plentiful with hot and cold selection.
Bus shutle within 2 mile radius was very helpful.
I chose this chain due to travelling with a friend and requiring separate sleeping rooms.
I'm unsure what the noise level would be in the rooms around the atrium as noise certainly caried from downstairs up.
I didn't attend the manager reception so can't comment.
Would I stay at this chain again travelling alone, no.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank enjoytravelling_10
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Hello my name is Sylvie Venne and I am the administrative assistant at the Embassy Suites Old Town Alexandria. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Although I am appreciative of the fact that the front office/security was able to attend to the noise level in the room next to yours, I am concerned that the noise was so excessive that it could be heard in your room! I thank you again for your well intentioned and well received comments. We at Embassy Suites appreciate specific input from our guests and use the information to continue to enhance our service and facility.

Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel is beautiful, clean, well maintained and comfortable in common areas and rooms. The staff is excellent and friendly. The breakfast is absolutely terrific and includes everything from made to order pancakes and omelettes, cereal, bagels, juices, etc. Do not ask front desk for local information or directions. We asked three different questions on three different occasions and were given wrong information each time. That minor training issue aside, this is a great hotel and I would absolutely stay there the next time I'm in Alexandria.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Hello, my name is Sylvie Venne and I am the admin asst to the General Manager at the Embassy Suites Old Town. I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Without your input we cannot keep striving to excel and exceed our customers’ expectations. I was pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and appreciate your comments about the Front Office staff. I will review this information with our Front Office Manager. Thank you again, for your well intentioned and well received comments and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room service was really quick and food was good. They add a 16% service fee, and that simply took away from what I would have tipped the guy who brought the food. Evening reception was good. I had 3 children 9-12 and I slept on the pull out couch. It was amazingly comfortable. The atrium was kind of loud after 10, so I called and the hotel staff had it quieted down in a jiffy. It's an easy trip to DC - station right across the street. 2 stops from the airport. clean, fresh and no complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy P
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always pleasing to know that our guests have had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at our property. We look forward to your return. Best regards… Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Great location. Convenient to metro. King Street is nearby for walking, window shopping, restaurants, etc.

The complimentary breakfast is fabulous--with the kids it's a great start to the day. The rooms are spacious.

Staff greeted us warmly whenever we were in/out from our adventures.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank luckyducktm
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to your return. Regards...Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel is the perfect place to stay with children because of the suite rooms, indoor pool, breakfast and close proximity to the metro station. We simply walked across the street and took the metro to the zoo, the museums and all the other DC attractions. There are also many restaurants in walking distance of the hotel that were great with young children.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your input is important, as we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. I was very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return and thank you again for your well intentioned and well received comments. Best regards…Sylvie Venne