2,116 results
All reviewsacross the streetmade to order breakfastthe manager's receptiongreat locationmetro stationold townhappy hourking streetfree trolleypretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel is beautiful, clean, well maintained and comfortable in common areas and rooms. The staff is excellent and friendly. The breakfast is absolutely terrific and includes everything from made to order pancakes and omelettes, cereal, bagels, juices, etc. Do not ask front desk for local information or directions. We asked three different questions on three different occasions and were given wrong information each time. That minor training issue aside, this is a great hotel and I would absolutely stay there the next time I'm in Alexandria.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Hello, my name is Sylvie Venne and I am the admin asst to the General Manager at the Embassy Suites Old Town. I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Without your input we cannot keep striving to excel and exceed our customers’ expectations. I was pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and appreciate your comments about the Front Office staff. I will review this information with our Front Office Manager. Thank you again, for your well intentioned and well received comments and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room service was really quick and food was good. They add a 16% service fee, and that simply took away from what I would have tipped the guy who brought the food. Evening reception was good. I had 3 children 9-12 and I slept on the pull out couch. It was amazingly comfortable. The atrium was kind of loud after 10, so I called and the hotel staff had it quieted down in a jiffy. It's an easy trip to DC - station right across the street. 2 stops from the airport. clean, fresh and no complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy P
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always pleasing to know that our guests have had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at our property. We look forward to your return. Best regards… Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Great location. Convenient to metro. King Street is nearby for walking, window shopping, restaurants, etc.

The complimentary breakfast is fabulous--with the kids it's a great start to the day. The rooms are spacious.

Staff greeted us warmly whenever we were in/out from our adventures.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank luckyducktm
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to your return. Regards...Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel is the perfect place to stay with children because of the suite rooms, indoor pool, breakfast and close proximity to the metro station. We simply walked across the street and took the metro to the zoo, the museums and all the other DC attractions. There are also many restaurants in walking distance of the hotel that were great with young children.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your input is important, as we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. I was very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return and thank you again for your well intentioned and well received comments. Best regards…Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I am not that familiar with other Embassy Suites but this hotel was below my expectations. Room was old and beat down. Furniture is barely comfortable enough to sit on and accent furniture is old and looks to be on its last legs, literally. My window was so dirty I couldn't see out. Bathroom was atrocious with doors falling off the vanity and all three drains worked poorly. Breakfast was kind of gross, at least the eggs. Besides that the location is great and service was nice. They have a shuttle that will seemingly take you down King Street though I didn't try it out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate candid feedback from all our guests and I am pleased to announce we currently have a schedule for both room furniture upgrades and public area renovations.

It is also important for us to give the exterior of our brick building proper attention which has caused a tremendous amount of dust and dirt to settle on the windows. This project is scheduled for completion in the next 6 - 8 weeks at which time the building will have a complete window wash treatment.

I am very pleased to read that you found the service of our team members to be at your expectation.

Sincerely