2,144 results
All reviews across the street made to order breakfast the manager's reception great location metro station old town happy hour king street free trolley pretzels whole foods parking garage dc area masonic temple pull out couch easy access free breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Great location. Convenient to metro. King Street is nearby for walking, window shopping, restaurants, etc.

The complimentary breakfast is fabulous--with the kids it's a great start to the day. The rooms are spacious.

Staff greeted us warmly whenever we were in/out from our adventures.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank luckyducktm
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was very pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to your return. Regards...Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 7, 2010

This hotel is the perfect place to stay with children because of the suite rooms, indoor pool, breakfast and close proximity to the metro station. We simply walked across the street and took the metro to the zoo, the museums and all the other DC attractions. There are also many restaurants in walking distance of the hotel that were great with young children.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your input is important, as we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. I was very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return and thank you again for your well intentioned and well received comments. Best regards…Sylvie Venne

Reviewed November 3, 2010

I am not that familiar with other Embassy Suites but this hotel was below my expectations. Room was old and beat down. Furniture is barely comfortable enough to sit on and accent furniture is old and looks to be on its last legs, literally. My window was so dirty I couldn't see out. Bathroom was atrocious with doors falling off the vanity and all three drains worked poorly. Breakfast was kind of gross, at least the eggs. Besides that the location is great and service was nice. They have a shuttle that will seemingly take you down King Street though I didn't try it out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 5, 2010

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate candid feedback from all our guests and I am pleased to announce we currently have a schedule for both room furniture upgrades and public area renovations.

It is also important for us to give the exterior of our brick building proper attention which has caused a tremendous amount of dust and dirt to settle on the windows. This project is scheduled for completion in the next 6 - 8 weeks at which time the building will have a complete window wash treatment.

I am very pleased to read that you found the service of our team members to be at your expectation.

Sincerely

Mary Anne Russell, General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I just returned home from a week long stay at the Embassy Suites. The location was perfect for jumping on and off I95 and the Metro is right across the street. They offer a free hot breakfast (made to order omlettes) and a manager's social at night. Great size rooms and comfy beds. Parking is $24 a night and as someone else stated below - there is no valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
wasot_gm, Admin Asst at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Without your input we cannot keep striving to excel and exceed our customers’ expectations. I am pleased that our hotel was to your liking and look forward to your return. Thank you again, for your well intentioned and well received comments. Best regards…Sylvie Venne

Reviewed October 19, 2010

My father and I stayed here while visiting family in the Alexandria area and we thought the hotel was lovely. A very good location with a Metro station right across the street. . Upon arrival we found the driveway a tight squeeze and no bellman to help with bags or valet park. Parking accomodations are in the commercial garage right next door, with a special area for hotel guests with access directly to the hotel. That was convenient enough but we didn't realize that it was costing $24 per night until we received our express bill under the door. As with all Embassy Suites there is a complimentary breakfast which I have never been disappointed with, same holds true with this hotel. The Managers Reception is an absolute bargain at $2 per mixed drink. The room was very nicely decorated and very clean. The pull out sofa was not the traditional pull out, it was more of a trundle style which made it very low to the floor and a bit hard. All in all I would recommend this hotel for any type of travel.

• Stayed: October 2010