2,118 results
All reviewsacross the streetmade to order breakfastthe manager's receptiongreat locationmetro stationold townhappy hourking streetfree trolleypretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Every staff member we came in contact with went above and beyond to accommodate my entire family. Everybody was so friendly. The location was perfect because it was right across from the Metro which we used everyday to get into DC and see the sights. Downtown Alexandria was literally a 5 minute walk from their front door and had all sorts of restaurants and shops. We even caught a farmer's market on Saturday. I would definitely stay at this property again and recommend it highly.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
MaryAnne R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you for your review. It's great to know you had a wonderful guest experience and found our staff helpful and friendly and location "perfect". We are within a short walk down to the waterfront passing along many restaurants, shoppes and historical sites. I hope when you are in the Alexandria VA area again you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Large clean rooms; bed is comfortable and warm. The location is pretty good with access to Metro and many bars and restaurants within walking distance. Decent breakfast but mediocre coffee. Dunkin' Donuts is 900 feet from registration doors. Lobby bar closes at 11 pm and drinks are very overpriced. Otherwise very nice experience.

Stayed: October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a wonderful weekend stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope when you are in the area again you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on points, probably our tenth stay here in the past 25 years. This Embassy is in THE best location but I’d bet the bathrooms are original. Good things beside the location and the usual list of Embassy Suites pluses: new carpeting, comfy beds and clean rooms. Not so good: broken remote control and the aforementioned bathroom situation.

I think next visit, we’ll check out the new Hilton Garden Inn begins this Hotel or the Hampton right around the corner.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. It's great to know you had a wonderful guest experience and enjoyed your 10th stay in 25 years. I am happy to inform you of our upcoming multi-million dollar suite renovation which will begin in November through March 2018. I hope when this is completed you will come to stay with us again. We'll look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

We were a party of 5 - 2 adults and 3 children - and we stayed in a 2 bedroom-2 bath suite on the 8th floor. Our room was clean and spacious. We faced the Metro/Amtrak station but the train noise was not a problem at all. The morning breakfast buffet was good and the evening reception with free adult beverages was nice too. We particularly appreciated being close to the King Street metro station across the street as we made several runs into DC. I would highly recommend this hotel to families visiting Washington DC as the room was spacious and clean, the restaurant is kid-friendly, and the access to the Metro is excellent on both the blue and yellow lines. Except for a little blip at checkin when we were told our room was not ready yet - at 5pm - 2 hours past checkin time - we found the staff to be universally helpful and accomodating. We would definitely stay there again on a return trip to the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
MaryAnne R, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear your family had a wonderful guest experience and enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and location. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

The hotel is located a short walk from the Amtrak, the Metro, and the trolly that services Alexandria! Perfect for families! Love the 2 rooms and pull out bed! The breakfast is awesome and so is the evening reception. The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful! If I travel to DC again, I will stay here again. I couldn’t get over how perfectly located it was to transportation! Perfect!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you had a great guest experience and found our location, staff and accommodations to your liking. We are a short walk from the METRO (blue/yellow line), AMTRAK and the free King St. Trolley. The Trolley services ONLY King St. It travels from the King St. Metro parking lot and travels down King St to the waterfront. Making many stops along the way. I hope when you are in the area again you will choose to stay with us. We look forward to having you.