2,138 results
All reviews across the street made to order breakfast the manager's reception great location metro station old town happy hour king street free trolley pretzels whole foods parking garage dc area masonic temple pull out couch easy access free breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This hotel was extremely convienent to the metro and to King street. It had a huge complementary breakfest and "happy hour". The rooms were clean, nothing too exciting. The staff was extrememly friendly. Very good place to stay if you are visiting the DC area. You don't need to rent a car, jsut use the metro and hotel shuttle.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Postives first: The staff was professional and helpful. Always with a smile. The location is close to perfect - at the top of King Street across from the Metro and Amtrak stations. Plenty of restaurants and pubs to occupy feeding times.

The "not so good": The breakfast was very poor. Perhaps the worst I have encountered at an Embassy Suites. After the first morning our party refused to eat at the hotel, opting instead to walk down King St.

Our room has issues - the toilet had to be repaired - the tank kept flooding. We fixed it. A cabinet door in the bathroom was lying on the floor when we arrived - they fixed it. There was a fairly substantial hole in the wall of the bedroom. No one fixed it. Finally there was only one remote - another was not provided.

The business center was sort of a joke. The printer was down (couldn't print boarding passes), one PC was down, and the other two were extremely slow.

In short - not really bad, just not very good.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My family stayed here the last week of July while we were visiting Washington D.C.

The Good: 1. across the street from the metro 2. friendly staff

The Bad: 1. outdated 2. breakfast is not the quality of other
Embassy Suites 3. over-priced 4. parking- 24 dollars a night

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My family of 5 stayed here for our Washington DC vacation. It was perfect for us. The room had just the space we needed. The breakfast was always good. I know someone complained that the lines were long but it is free and good so what can you expect. The pool was pretty small but we weren’t there to swim. It was great being so close to the metro station and the trolley stop. We used the trolley often and ate in Old Town all four nights we stayed here. My only complaint was that I had hoped to do laundry on one night as this was a multi-destination vacation and they only had 2 out of 3 washers working and 1 was being used. 1 washer doesn’t work when you are doing laundry in a rush for a family of 5. They do have a play room just outside the laundry room for those with young children. It was a little messy but my 8 yr old organized it. My guess is that it only gets cleaned once a day and we were there late at night. Also beware that the parking garage is a tight squeeze. My husband dinged our mini van when parking. The front circle drive is also pretty tight. One thing that I didn’t see advertised was they seem to have a courtesy van. One night we missed the trolley and felt it would be quicker just to walk. We happened to see the hotel’s courtesy van on King St and waved the driver down. The driver picked us up with no problems. The driver works on tips. Housekeeping also did a good job. The front desk staff was always helpful when we had a question or needed something. We did get roomservice for our kids one night and the food was hot and service was quicker than what they said. I would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My family and I just completed a trip that included New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. We wanted to travel by train from city to city. This is the best way to go since the train stations do not have the security or checked baggage hassels that the airports do so you can generally get from city to city faster than you can get on your plane at the airport. As a result we needed a hotel near both an Amtrak and Metro station. There is also a free trolley that takes you up King Street there are lots of nice restaurants to choose from and the trolley goes all the way up the street to the riverfront. The hotels in DC were expensive so we chose Alexandria. As you can see from the pictures I took from the Metro Platform this hotel was very close to both. If you are just looking for a hotel close to a metro station and Amtrak is not a consideration the Marriot in Crystal City is also a good choice as the Metro stops right at that location also. Though I cannot speak for the hotel as we did not stay there. But we did stop in Crystal City as there is a Food Court right at that metro station stop. If you are flying into DC the same Metro Line that serves Alexandria stops at Ronald Reagan airport so make sure your airline flys out of that airport. As far as the hotel goes it was a nice hotel it has a small indoor pool a gift shop and a restaurant. If you have stayed at an embassy suites before you know what to expect. There is a fridge, Microwave, coffee maker and small sink. The internet is wired but there is a small charge. But if you dont mind leaving your room you can use the computers in the buisness center. I used this to get Metro and bus routs to Mt Vernon and to buy tickets for same and to check into my flight home. There is a printer so you can print out your tickets and boarding passes.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family