“Good Location and Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town

Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Nassau Bay, Texas
“Good Location and Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Old Town for 4 nights. I was there as the maid of honor in my best friends wedding. The hotel had a great location. As with all embassy suites the included hot breakfast and happy hour were also very much appreciated! It was great for a wedding where we had several rooms of people from out of town because all the rooms are suites, there was room to visit each other and have somewhere to sit or eat. All the staff was very attentive and friendly. Another perk of this property is that they have a hotel shuttle that will drop off/pick up anywhere in a two mile radius. They are also right across the street from the King Street Metro stop which is great for those without cars.

The only downside was that the air conditioning in my room was not working properly. When i called down to the front desk they sent someone up promptly to fix it, but it did work. I feel confident if I had called them again they would have worked to resolve the issue, but as the maid of honor I had a lot going on and didn't have time to call them back. It wasn't miserable, just more humid than it should have been inside...

Room Tip: there is only one elevator bank, so if you don't want a hike each time, ask to be on the end clo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
MaryAnne_Russell_GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I'm glad to hear you and other guests with your wedding party enjoyed many of the amenities we offer here at the Embassy Suites Alexandria-Old Town. Your review has not fallen on deaf ears! I Thank You for bringing the HVAC issue to our attention and I will work vigorously with my Engineering team to ensure our facilities are always at peak performance for every guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Korean first
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What a pleasurable experience to stat at this hotel during our visit to Washington DC. First of all the hotel is directly across from the Metro, second the complimentary breakfast was a great way to start the day and finally, the rooms was spacious and very comfortable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place has everything! Perfect location across from King St Metro Station. The rooms are clean and spacious and lovely. Leah deserves a raise for work ethic. I can't list all the wonderful things I saw her doing. Amazing. We loved the bright atrium and yummy breakfast every morning. Happy hour....so nice and relaxing. We stayed for four nights and would stay here again in a New York minute. The only negative had nothing to do with the hotel. In the summer, expect many children with parents who allow them to race down the hallways, throw popcorn in the atrium, etc, The staff was professional and patient. It comes with summer travel, but it was not something we experienced at other hotels during our two week trip. If you are researching the best place to stay near Old Town, stop searching. This is the place! Hotel parking is underground, but there is an entry where you can drive in to where you can unload. We had trouble finding that until after we unloaded in the underground parking garage.

Room Tip: As Hilton members, we had an upgrade on the 8th floor at the end of the hall. Quiet and perfect and...
    • 5 of 5 stars
There is no better compliment than saying we were "the BEST!". Thank You for your recent stay with us. Old Town Alexandria has a lot of charm and as a staff of many here we try to bring that charm to our guests with excellent service and accommodations. I can't stress enough that we hope to see you again soon. Thank You.
Westfield Center, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is just across an intersection from the DC Metro. The hotel is in a nice area. The rooms are large and comfortable and well constructed because I never heard the Metro. I stayed here for work in Alexandria and jumped on the Metro to get to my work location.

Breakfast was excellent, although a bit confusing to figure out how to get seated. The obvious enterances were roped off so I went outside and entered through the outside entrance. The restaurant staff during lunch (two gentlemen with broken english) were fairly unresponsive and hard to get their attention. I ended up leaving and told the front desk that I had a salad their for lunch so they could add it to my bill. Otherwise, a great facility and I will likely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for a great review of your recent stay with us. While there were a few restaurant challenges overall I can be pleased that you still enjoyed yourself. I look forward to discussing your feedback with our restaurant team to see how we can better increase staff presence and make entrance access more visible. I'll anticipate your next arrival and hope to hear your feedback. Thank You.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The location is fantastic, right across the street from the Metro and the free trolley, and a very short walk to King Street where there are many restaurants. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. It was also convenient to have a complimentary breakfast first thing in the morning that included hot foods cooked to order. I would recommend this hotel for all travelers - business or leisure, solo, couples and families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank You for the recommendation! Value comes in many forms and while location is a big part of our hotel here friendly and helpful staff complete the package! Thank You.
Abingdon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

A great facility in a great location. A true experience that I hope to repeat soon. The amenities , lounges, and dining facilities made it easy for us all to get together formally and informally. The rooms are spacious and quiet with lovely furnishings. Could not have been better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It goes without saying that we enjoyed having you and your group stay with us recently. We strive to put EXTRA attention and emphasis on our housekeeping, front desk, room blocking and banquet operations to ensure that the entire group has a relaxing and fun time during their stay. I will share your compliment with all of these departments in hopes we continue to provide such great service to others. Thank You so much! Say we do it again next year?!
Bloomfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

When I do business in Alexandria I know I don't have to worry about accommodations. I can take the Metro right to the hotel (a 2 minute walk directly across the street from the station) and it is convenient to where I was working. Room - great, service great. One surprise was the pizza I had in the hotel restaurant. You don't usually get good pizza in a hotel restaurant. I had the Meat lover's pizza and it was REALLY good. The business center was convenient, as well. Cell phone coverage was spotty in the room, but I managed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I understand that business travelers like yourself love high-quality service. With such a great compliment it's nice to know that we have provided that for you through our business center and other amenities as well as through service and location. We look forward to welcoming you back! Thank You.