2,116 results
All reviewsacross the streetmade to order breakfastthe manager's receptiongreat locationmetro stationold townhappy hourking streetfree trolleypretzelswhole foodsparking garagedc areamasonic templepull out coucheasy accessfree breakfast
Reviewed September 26, 2011

September 22-25
This is the 2nd time we have stayed here, last was Nov. 2010. Booked the hotel with parking included, for 3 people.

Check In - Super quick, very nice people, but felt rushed - and no one was behind us. While I have stayed here before and know the lay of the land, it would have been nice if they asked or explained the basics (besides the breakfast). There is a great trolley available for free and you can catch it at the metro center, and will take you to various stops on King Street. Just a recommendation to any of those confused or nervous about the metro - there is a metro store at the end of the street (go out of the hotel and walk to the left). They will add money to your Smart Trip Card, plus if anyone is disabled or a senior citizen, they can sell you the fare cards, which they receive their fare at 50% off (I believe).

Parking - Had to use a different entrance to the garage as they were doing construction and the parking attendants were directing everyone to the parking assigned for the hotel, it was a little confusing. The spots were tight, with big square columns making parking very interesting. But once I was parked I know I wasn't taking the car out again, so that was the best part.

Room - It is a suite (they all are). We had 2 queen beds,1 bathroom. Rooms was very nice and we had the view of the G.W Masonic Temple, which is beautifully lit up at night. Housekeeping was very good as the counters and mirrors, as well as everything else, was spotless.

Manager's Reception - Every day between 5 and 7? Free beer and wine. Mixed drinks are $2. They also have a soda machine for those that don't drink (me). The snacks were popcorn, tortilla chip, potato chips, pretzels, and various dips and salsa. All in all very nice to have.

Breakfast - Cooked to order omelettes, eggs, pancakes. Plenty of food here, from cold and hot cereal, pastries, sausage, bacon, etc. You really can't go hungry here.

- The service is very good too. The people cooking the omelettes had a line of probably 10 people and they were never without a smile.

Location - Right across the street from the metro (blue and yellow lines), so that was the main reason we booked here last time. The good experience was the reason we came back. Walked to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the G.W. Masonic Temple - great view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for your review. As you stated, we are very fortunate, that our hotel is so well situated. Its proximity to the metro makes it an easy trip to and from Washington DC, or a leisurely walk to the heart of Alexandria Old Town. For those who would prefer not to walk, we do offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. As I look forward to your next visit. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Reviewed September 24, 2011

the location is very nice at the end of old town near the Metro station. I have stayed here on many occasion. The courtyard is very impressive and the rooms quite large, all suites with a livning room at the entrance with a window looking into the courtyard. The couch fold out into a double bed and a table for either dining or as a work table. A small efficiency sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker are accross the bathroom before leading into the seperate bedroom - in my case 2 double beds. While the TV in the living room is a flat scrren (with incredibly bad reception - I've stayed here many times and it seems to always be the case) and an old tube TV in the bedroom, with better reception - go figure. This hotel is nice but for the price I have noticed a decline in service. The batrooms always have a hair or two in the sink or bathtub. The breakfast is not as good as it used to be. The manager's evening specials, if it was for the free booze, it wouldn't be worth going to. There are many hotel in this area, and old tiown is pretty, I would still recommend this hotel, but it may not be a good value for the money.

Room Tip: It has a great first impression but it wears thin after a while.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. As a manager it is always important to consider each of our guest’s overall stays. I am pleased to inform you that our bedroom televisions are scheduled for an upgrade in the coming year and I will check with our engineer to isolate and improve the rooms with inadequate reception. As cleanliness is of the utmost importance to our housekeeping staff, I will forward your comments, so cleaning techniques may be reviewed. I am concerned that you perceive our hotel as “nice”, but not a good value for the money, as our breakfast has remained consistent with its full “cook to order” and buffet style foods, and the Manager’s reception continues to offer beer and wine and light snacks (which vary day to day). Please remain assured, that I appreciate your recommendation, and wish that in the near future you will allow us the opportunity to change your perception of our hotel. Best Regards…Mary Anne Russell General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently stayed with my husband for 4 nights while he was there for working. The location of the hotel was great, right across the street from the King Street Metro station. It was within walking distance of most of the shopping and restaurants in Old Town, although it was at one end of the King Street area. There's also a free trolley you can get at the Metro stop, which along King. The suite was very comfortable. The free breakfast was great and the happy hour was pretty good as well. The hotel gym was nice. The whole hotel was pretty typical for an Embassy Suites, but it's the location that kind of sets this one apart.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Reviewed September 19, 2011

While my first choice in staying 3+ days anywhere is a nice condo or vacation rental, I really enjoyed this hotel. Very easy access if you fly into D.C. National Reagan Airport. It felt safe and was only two stops from National so I was glad that I really didn't need to grab a rental car. Hassle and worry free ride late at night from the Metro took me to the King St stop for a mere 1.60 or so. (Take either the blue or yellow line both are the same number of stops.)

Embassy Suites check in was uneventful, front desk friendly and professional. I travel extensively and was gratified to see everything well laid out. The business center is right there in the lobby; Rooms are spacious with a nice living room area of 4 chairs and 1 couch. I was able to have a meeting with 4 people that was quite comfortable during the day.

Bathroom included a nice shower w decent water volume and a hair dryer on the counter. Maid service entered my room at 9am and it did freak me a bit, but that was my fault. Be sure to use the 'do not disturb sign'. I left my jewelry case out and lots of quality rings and typically when I leave I say no maid service. I did explain that to the housekeeper that entered, but when I left did not put the 'do not disturb' sign out since I had spoken to her. I don't like maid service each day unless my things are in a room safe, due to a bad experience of a stolen watch years ago. Therefore I was worried when I came back to find they had come in the room anyway.

I am so glad there are fine trusting housekeepers out there....I was hurried that morning and left cash and lots of other things out, and a bit of a mess in the bathroom. The housekeeper took all my makeup and cosmetics and placed them very neatly on a hand towel. Wow. How nice. She actually organized everything for me.

The room is a nice king bed with perfect sized plump pillows and I think I used most of them. This was a very stressful business trip and having no problems with the hotel, and very long days in a bustling city made Embassy Suites a sanctuary for me.

The room also had a small frig, bar sink, a mini microwave. The room included a cooked breakfast.
Did I say cooked made to order? Very nice. Eggs anyway you like it, a great cereal bar, coffee and juice bar, all that you would need.

I had a quick lunch at Duke's right there inside the hotel and it was fine. Wait staff quick and accommodating.

On the day of departure, I was hurried getting to the airport and appreciated the on time wake up call and they had already called me a cab. I decided to chance a coffee just to get me going. I am a starbucks nut, so I typically don't use hotel coffee makers. This coffee was excellent and they provide not powdered creamer but actually provide half and half. Thank you Embassy suites for those little details. If I come back for a quick trip again, I won't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Only problem in hotel I encountered: Business Center had very very slow computers. I had to ask the front desk to print my boarding pass.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kat-thryn
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Thank you so much for your extensive review of our hotel. I so appreciate the detailed information you provided, and I am pleased that we lived up to your expectations. I will need to inquire as to the speed of the computers in the business center especially, since we have just recently updated our computers and printing a boarding pass should definitely not be an issue. I am pleased however, that the front office staff was able to remedy your situation and that leaving our property was as uneventful as when you arrived. Thank you for considering our Embassy Suites on your next trip to Alexandria. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell General Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Location, location, location! I lived in Alexandria for several years and always recommended friends to stay at this hotel. I moved away and now every time I return, I stay here. The location is everything. It is right across the street from the King Street metro which makes it very convenient getting to Washington D.C. without having to fight traffic and find a parking spot. The hotel itself is great. It is perfect for families offering a free breakfast buffet, pool, and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators as kid traffic gets noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
wasot_gm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Alexandria-Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for your review. I appreciate that not only do you recommend us to your friends, but that you choose to stay with us when you visit as well. In the hopes that Embassy suites Alexandria Old Town continues to be your hotel of choice for many years to come, I look forward to your return. Best Regards…MaryAnne Russell