“A Must for Evening Entertainment”

The Little Theatre of Alexandria
Ranked #20 of 92 things to do in Alexandria
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A rare find in medium-sized cities -- a community theatre. This is top notch with a series of productions throughout the year. There is considerable variety in the offerings with classic plays and musicals along with new entries to the stage. The directors are excellent with an eye to choosing good actors and creating good staging. If you are an Alexandrian, you may be surprised some evening to find a neighbor taking a leading role. If you are from out of town, you too will be surprised by the talent of the locals. The theatre itself is a brick building that fits nicely with the Old Town architectural theme. Well managed with a professional cadre of ushers.

1  Thank jeffl499

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Been here for multiple events, and the staff is always first-class and the events eclectic and interesting. I highly recommend attending an event here, it's worth a night out on a date or romantic getaway.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This neighborhood theater is cute with decent actors and productions. It's certainly worth the low cost of tickets for an enjoyable evening out.

That said, be sure to check your tickets when you get them. When I picked mine up at the will call window the lobby was very crowded and it was hard to know where to go. Finally finding the line for the window, I was handed my tickets in an envelope and quickly walked away from the window to let the next person in line get their tickets. When I opened the envelope my tickets had incorrect seat numbers. So I got back in the line and waited to get to the window to find out what to do, and I was sent to the management office. The woman at the office was sure that they'd done nothing wrong and told me the show was sold out and that there wouldn't be any seats for me. I was pretty surprised by this response, and told her I thought the tickets had simply been printed incorrectly and gave her my purchase confirmation number. She then saw that I did have different seats and they hadn't been given to anyone else and simply printed out the correct tickets for me. Maybe she was having a bad day, but her instant assumption that I had made a mistake and would have to leave the theater without tickets or seeing the show before even checking or asking me any questions kinda annoyed me -- it wasn't a good start to a fun evening, although the show was very good and my entire party enjoyed it.

2  Thank RachelinKabul
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've attended at least a dozen productions at the Little Theater of Alexandria and I find it a good value for the money. They always put on a quality production, the theater is run well, and it's a nice location.

1  Thank avalonbride36
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Little Theater is where local talent goes. It's always fun to go watch well known plays done by "not so" well known actors. We really enjoy going!