“Would like to keep it a secret...Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 216 Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexandria
216 Bed and Breakfast
You added 216 Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 7 Alexandria B&B and Inns
South East
“Would like to keep it a secret...Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Can't say enough about this place. I am ready to move in! We were the only ones there and had the whole place to ourselves. I presume it would be shared if others book. It is a full townhouse with living room, den, lovely brick garden in back, up to date rooms and that unbelievable commodity...a parking pass in Alexandria! Couple live next door who own it and they are so easy to deal with. So different from our usual B and B. Walk to King Street and more restaurants, shops, and antique places than you could possibly want. But please, don't tell anyone else about this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank planned

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I went to DC for our honeymoon, and this was everything we thought it would be an more. The hosts are absolutely delightful people, and they always had the sweetest little breakfasts ready for us every morning. (They left it all in the refrigator...no worries they don't come in while you're there.) The townhouse itself is stunning. One of my favorite things was a huge skylight that let natural light into the kitchen, and also the upstairs bathroom. I honestly could have moved in, and lived there. The walk to the metro is around 10 minutes, and you walk through quaint little streets, and it's peaceful. Plus you are minutes from all the amazing restaurants Alexandria has to offer. I honestly can't recommend it enough. We simply can't wait until we can return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank photochick17
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

When planning an upcoming trip to the Washington DC. area, I already knew that 216 Bed and Breakfast would be my first choice for a place to stay, but thought that since I often go to Tripadvisor for recommendations, it would be fun to see what they had to say about my favorite place. I was stunned to see that it had no reviews. After thinking about that, I came to the conclusion that probably other guests just want to keep the merits of this little gem to themselves so they could be more assured of availability when they hope to stay there. Quite honestly, I was tempted to do the same, but then I realized that it would be a shame to not reward the efforts that owners Charles and Katherine Huettner have put in to making the stay of every guest the most comfortable and memorable ever. So, here I go.
Since I am the first to review this beautiful property, let me tell you that as a long-time B&B traveler this place is outstanding! 216 is actually one of two row houses (the Huettners live in the one next door) that have both been lovingly restored in every way. A three bedroom, 2 bath three-story building, it is conveniently located in the historic district of old town Alexandria. When you reserve 216, you get the entire lovely home--not just a bedroom and bath. It's just you and any other guests in your traveling party to enjoy the living room, dining room, kitchen, sitting room and amazing garden. The home is beautifully decorated in lovely period antiques and amazing art. Your hosts, Charles and Katherine are long-time Alexandria residents who are anxious to help and advise in any way to enhance your stay. They know all the ins and outs of the area and are available and eager to help.
Make your plans early because despite the efforts of others to keep this place a secret, the word has gotten out and they book up quickly.
Just sign me....Unselfish!

Room Tip: You have your choice of any of the three bedrooms. One has twin beds, one a queen and one a king. A...