“Don't miss eating here”

Virtue Feed and Grain
Reserve with OpenTable
Virtue Feed and Grain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King St.
Transit: King Street Metro
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This restaurant has it all, outdoor patio dining, inside, upstairs and bar. This place was large but quaint. The bar was great with an excellent bartender, great pours of wine. The wait staff (ours was William) was great and attentive without being annoying. Water is served in bottles with a tight fitting lid which keeps from hoping you'll get more water as needed. The menu was extensive and lots of great appetizers. We were a party of four and had the Old Town Crab Dip, so good ordered a second. The ceviche' was fresh and had a great tangy sauce. Caesar Salad, Fish Tacos were very filling, Crab Cake and coleslaw and Virtuous burger all great. There is also a children's menu so don't pass this one up because of the kids.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

You need a reservation on the weekends. The food is fresh and hearty. On Valentines day they had a special tasting menu and offered items not usually on the day to day menu. Portions are gargantuan, so bring someone to share with. I chose to start with the nachos. They really were kind of average and I would skip the chips for one of their salads. They are inventive and very fresh and the dressings are not loaded with sugar as many can be. These chefs do a wonderful job of cooking not over spicing, or getting it too well done to be enjoyable. This was our third visit and I can honestly say thatEverything Ive ordered has been excellently cooked and presented,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We sort of stumbled upon this restaurant while wandering through Old Town and decided to have dinner there. As New Yorkers, we are spoiled by having some of the best restaurants in the world...so we are little picky...but from the staff to the decor to the food...this place was really really good! The restaurant is in an old warehouse...and has a really chic but relaxed vibe with all of the exposed brick and wood beams....and while we happened to be dining with our 5 year old (not romantic), it definitely has a romantic thing going on, so it would be great for a date. Our waitress was super friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu (farm to table concept) and she was actually excited about the food, which is always a good thing. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious and elegantly presented, and the wine selection was perfect. If I lived in Alexandria, I would definitely be a regular...and I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice decor, tasty food, good price, service was a bit slow, but not terrible. I had the sliders and they had a very nice flavor. I would definitely go back here.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love this place,The decor is so romantic,very rustic/vintage.You feel like you're home when eating there.The vibe,the energy is pleasant and the food is great.had the musssels for appetizers,so good.I would recommend & go back there if I'm in town,They have outdoor seating,upstairs,downstairs. They couch options,canopies...