“Yummy. I'll return.”

Virtue Feed and Grain
Reserve with OpenTable
Virtue Feed and Grain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Transit: King Street Metro
Jacksonville, Florida
“Yummy. I'll return.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

First my husband raved about this great new place he'd found. Then, as always, I read the T.A. reviews, which were mixed. My experience was pretty good. We walked in without a res and found two seats at the bar immediately. The bartenders were great! Grilled romaine salad - simply delicious. The bone marrow app needs a little work, but still tasty. Hubby went safe with a burger, and the fries I sneaked from his plate were super. I ordered a lamb shoulder special, which was a little soupy - not what I expected - but the flavors were well developed. Cudos for an adventurous menu.

Springfield, Virginia
“Great New Spot”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We made reservations at the restaurant and recommend it to others. It is new, so they do recommend making reservations, but it's worth the planning. Great food and extensive drink menu. We enoyed dinner here but happy hour would be great too.

Visited September 2012
“Different but Good!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has a great look and feel. Bar is great, friendly staff and unique menu.

I am not the kind of person who looks for organic or natural unprocessed food but this place hit the spot in a unique way... Definitely give it a try. I know I will again.

Key West
“Lunch was so good, I went back for dinner!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

What a delight! I was invited for lunch at Virtue and was delighted to 'meet' this new restaurant! Not only was the menu fun and a bit different, but everything was 'right priced.' Service was great. At lunch we ate indoors in what looked like a renovated warehouse. That evening I went back to introduce a friend to my new find. We were able to eat outside since it was still warm enough. The food, service and ambience were just as delightful as at lunch. Dinner price differential wad modest! I am telling everyone I meet about this wonderful place!

Washington, DC
“Form over substance”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have eaten at Virtue a few times and overall it is just OK. I agree with the reviewer who said "Lost the way." It's not the experience it was when it opened. The atmosphere is still good. Lunch is better than dinner but overall, for the price, the food generally lacks finesse. Do not go for a late supper on a Sunday night as they source locally and by then run out of menu items rapidly. Watch the plating -- the kitchen substituted chicken pieces in its chicken & mushroom dumpling when it ran out of chicken breasts but didn't tell us -- I guess hoping we wouldn't notice. When we called attention to this fact, the management's response was "oops, sorry." Given that Virtue is one of four restaurants in Alexandria owned by some very experienced and creative restauranteurs, I expected much better of them. The bar upstairs, when it is open, is very nice.