“Modern Hotel with Laundry Room, Welcoming Front Desk, Close to Old Town & Bike Trails” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: Modern Look, Looks Clean & Smells Clean, Welcoming Front Desk, Easy To Get Quarters for Laundry Room, Close to Park & Bike Trails, Close to Old Town Shops, Impressive Lounge Area.

Cons: Long Hallways. Morning Front Desk People Seem Super Busy Helping Everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so glad that enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've traveled across this country and stayed in hotels and resorts of all calibers. This Extended Stay America is a great location for the business or personal traveler to kick back and call home while staying in the DC Metro area. The staff was friendly and attentive, the room clean and comfortable, and its proximity to the Eisenhower Metro station a great asset. Special thanks to the location's manager, whose extraordinary attention to my needs as a guest is more than commendable. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I like to road trip. Last year, we stayed as close to downtown as possible. This year we are staying out and taking metros. Perfect! This hotel for that need. We got it on Priceline for super cheap. The front desk was really helpful with helping us transport to DC. The lot on Eisenhower is $7 for all day parking and free after 4pm. The metro system for those not familiar with it is very easy to figure out! My only complaints were the fire alarm went off at 1am and we had to leave the hotel for 15 minutes. However, this was at no fault of the hotel. Second, this was the worst continental breakfast ever. The choices were fruit, pre packaged muffins and some granola bars. Come on now!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that our "Grab & Go" breakfast was not to your liking - for this I do apologize. Because we have a well equipped kitchen in every room we have found that most of our guests actually prefer something quick on the go and that's the reason for our limited breakfast food selection. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Boynton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had reserved a room with two beds, the room they gave us had only one queen sized bed for two adults and a 9-year-old child. Asked for a change, told that they were booked (I'm sure they were, it was Memorial Day weekend in D.C.), so one of the adults slept on the floor each of the two nights. Room and hallways smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Room was dark even with all the lights on. The free continental breakfast had few choices, all of them unpleasant. The property is in what looks like a big empty industrial or office park, nowhere to walk to, no place to sit outside. There is a "lounge" room, but the weekend we were there a big extended family took it over day and night, so there was no escape from the dark tiny room. Terrible impression of this chain, will never choose it again. Only good things to say are that one of the front desk clerks was friendly and helpful, and the outside was well kept.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EJMFL
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My dog and I stayed here for 2 nights and were very comfortable. The room was clean and in working order. Property was clean and quiet. Easy access off 95/495. Front desk personnel were very nice and attentive. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very disappointed. Nothing for kids to do. TV selection is very poor.very difficult to get towels. The maids are very rude, asked for a towel and was told no you have to go to front desk.very very poor service.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank cindll5026
Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a trip while house hunting over a weekend.

First problem, we were supposed to get a room that had 2 beds....we only got one. While my husband was downstairs trying to sort things out I had my boys (ages 6 and 12) sit in the chairs, as to not mess up the beds, and watch some tv...remote control didn't work...my guess, the batteries were just dead because we were able to turn it on manually...no biggie.

Second, since there is a kitchenette in the room I decided to rinse out my water bottle and refill it since there was a water filtration system on the faucet. The filter indicator was red and needed to be replaced....it happens.

Hubby comes back up and we go from 3rd floor (oh forgot to mention the awful smell of cigarette smoke) down to the 2nd. We finally got a two bed room and begin to settle in. Of course, one of the first things to happen....the tv needs to go on.

Again, the remote isn't working!

Next, we noticed that the toilet is running. After a look at it and a little messing around with it, trying to get it to stop....it doesn't. Problem....running toilet.

By now, it's nearly midnight and we put the boys to bed. I am still thirsty since I didn't get the filtered water from the other room so I go to get that. Wouldn't you know it....the filter in this room also needs to be replaced!

Problem ANOTHER bad water filter.

By now, I'm just laughing because it's late, I'm exhausted and I can't believe my luck so I decide I just need to turn in for the night. I wash up for bed then go to plug in my cell phone. I had already plugged in my cord in to the wall so all I had to do was fish the cord out from under the bed. When I go to grad it I noticed it was kind of heavy and though, hmmm, that's odd for such a light wire, so I look under the bed to investigate. Oh my goodness...

Problem SEVERAL (full size) alcohol bottles, and shoes left under the bed!!!

I was astonished! I guess housekeeping didn't look under the beds in this room. WOW. My husband called down to the front desk to address everything I just wrote about and all we got was a long awkward silence then, "we don't have any replacement filters". Really?!

Since we had already paid for the 3 nights upfront and we already knew we were not going to be in the room very much (which we were not at all) we decided to make the best of a bad situation and hopefully housekeeping would come in one of the 3 days we were there and would fix the issues but they never came in....not ever once!

Needless to say we will NOT be recommending this hotel or chain of hotels for that matter to anyone. Obviously, we will never stay in one ourselves either.

The only good things I have to say about this hotel is the person working at the front desk was polite and the landscaping was clean.....that's about it.

Room Tip: Higher floors smell of cigarette smoke...horribly!