“Great Service, Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave.
Ranked #41 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Great Service, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Inauguration 2013 and I must say....i LOVED it. The staff were very helpful and the manager was especially accommodating and friendly. The staff was particularly helpful with any issues I had. I will DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It is a pleasure to know that we were able to provide you with what you needed during your brief stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent accommodations, perfect for one night or one week. Practical contemporary styling with up to date appliances and fixtures set this chain apart from the typical extended stay riff-raff.
Outstanding location! Easy access from/to I-95. 5 min to DC Metro station by car or bus($1.50 fare, bus stop 50 yards from hotel).
An all around fantastic value!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. We too love the convenience of being so close to the Eisenhower Metro Station. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

As the title says, I've had a very pleasant 2.5 month stay here as I was finishing up my last military assignment at Andrews AFB. The staff here, from the manager Nasir and all of the other support staff, are very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and always clean. I did have one maintenance issue with the heater/air conditioner which i reported in the morning on my way out to work. The issue was completely fixed before I returned from work. For my purposes, the hotel is conveniently located close to the Beltway with only short distances either east or west to the highway access ramps. Although I did not need them while staying here, there are two Metro rail stations nearby as well.

Only recommendations I would have for just a little bit better stay for me personally would be for a fitness facility with weight machines or free weights and a treadmill or two. However, there is a nice jogging/bike trail just across Eisenhower Avenue running next to the creek. The other recommendation is maybe have a few more channels on the TV.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. I really appreciate your recommendation about the fitness center and the added channels as we are continually working to improve our hotel. Thanks again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any one of our 700+ Extended Stay Hotels all across the country. All the best.
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

What makes this hotel especially nice is the great attitude of the staff towards the guests. They seem to genuinely care about the customers. Even the housekeepers smile and greet you in the hallways and the front desk remembers you by your name. I travel to Alexandria for work once a month and this is especially a good hotel for me because every room has a kitchen which allows me to keep costs low and prepare healthier meals. Giants and Whole Foods are fairly close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location, establishment and staff have made your stay memorable. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the world and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently, after having stayed here once a few years back, and it’s had a major facelift. Rooms have much more modern décor, and the customer service skills of front desk staff are much improved. My favorite “functional” update is the additional storage space in the bathroom, which is useful for a long-term visit.

The hotel has a pretty good location for a place in the burbs, as Old Town Alexandria and the Eisenhower Ave metro station are about a mile down the street.

One pet peeve about this chain of hotels: I dislike having to turn in old towels to get new towels. However, at this particular hotel, they've always had towels for me.

Overall, this is a decent hotel for the star level, and the front desk people seem genuinely more friendly than many of the pricier places I’ve stayed in the past year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that our new decor is to your liking. Our guests are our number one priority and it pleases me to hear that your recent experience reflects that creed. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel and were treated nicely. The hotel was clean and the environment was very friendly. The manager and the staff were excellent. This was a great place to stay for the presidential event. We had access to the metro. Everything was wonderful. I look forward to spending time at the hotel in the future. Thanks, You guys rock!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Eisenhower Ave., responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you and a privilege hosting you during the inauguration event. We look forward to hosting you again when you are back in the area. Have you considered taking a trip out here for the 2013 Cherry Blossom Festival? I would love to invite you back to this area to witness this beautiful season with us. Please come back and see us soon.
Rennes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel is one of my favorite in the area. I like the location, near old Alexandria and not too far from DC. As I usually stay more than one week, I appreciate the different accomodations, in particular the laundery room and free wifi. The grab-to-go breakfast is very convinient
The staff is very helpfui, especially Veronica.
I'll come again !

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. I'm glad that our hotel is one of your favorites in the area and that Veronica was here to take care of your needs - she is a rising star in our company. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.