“Met our expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Round Rock, Texas
“Met our expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were a party of three in a two bedroom Suite. The size of the suite exceeded our expectations. The room(s) were all very clean. When reading the recent reviews I am sorry to see they had bad experiences, we on the other hand the complete opposite. Our room(s) were very clean, a bit outdated, but still clean. The room service was great. We left laptops, phones, wallets, and jewelry in our rooms and everything was untouched. All safe and happy. The front desk folks and the free shuttle driver were all so helpful and friendly. We did not smell anything other than the cleaning product they used as they were constantly cleaning everywhere we went throughout the establishment. The breakfast was good, and we had several choices to pick from. The coffee was always freshly brewed as well. Having a full kitchen was great too. And the free ride to the grocery store just made it better. People need to bear in mind that the pricing was/is great. Had we stayed in DC or the other town close by we would have paid considerably more and would never have had the opportunity to get a two bedroom suite, and a full kitchen.
My husband and I have stayed in hotels that were four times the amount per night and didn't get the kind of service we got there. I guess the more you pay the less you get....
One of the things I was excited about was the water pressure, it was great when showering.
I hope that there are other people that will give this place a rating worthy of the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DFG20142014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

When my family and I were planning a vacation to the D.C. area we searched for hotel accommodations that would fit our needs. The pictures of the website were nothing like the actual hotel. It was a complete misrepresentation of the establishment. The smell was reminiscent of a bad nursing home and that smell stayed with me for hours after we left. Upon arrival there was no one at the front desk. We waited for more than 20 minutes for someone to appear. Once we saw the suite we immediately checked out. The suite itself was so outdated and filthy and the furniture looked as if it was clawed by cats. So much for the fully equipped kitchen. The was one pot, one frying pan and nothing else. And the mattresses had those "egg crate" tops that looked like ski moguls. I can only image what the real mattress looked like. Sad part about the whole experience is when I went to check out and get a refund, they just did it without asking any questions. The girl at the desk (who btw I had to wait another 15 minutes to appear again) simply said she needed to tell the manager and that was that. Management never came out to inquire about my complaints. Do not stay here unless it is your only option. We headed straight for a 4 star hotel and didn't look back.

1 Thank Christine M
Kansas, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were in the DC area helping our college age daughter move from one apartment to another. We always loved hotels in the Alexandria area, so booked this when it came up on a third party site. Returned to our hotel room after an exhausting day of unpacking and a nice dinner in Arlington only to find that our other daughter's prescription Bulgari eyeglasses had been stolen. We have NEVER had a problem at a hotel before but are always cautious and don't leave jewelry, expensive electronics or money out in plain site. But we never dreamed we would have to worry about a pair of eyeglasses. We informed management and they were less than helpful, even though I think they knew it must have been someone on their staff. I wouldn't recommend this hotel ever!

Room Tip: Lock EVERYTHING up if you stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank TARSMom
Newton, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

At first we thought it was okay but when we got up in the morning we found that there was a cockroach crawling up on wall in our kitchen/eating area. The rooms are large and if you are able to secure a clean room then this would be an okay place to stay. the breakfast is okay for someone without food allergies but if you are looking for variety or fresh fruit this is not the place. We were looking for anything without gluten in it but yogurt is all they had. No rice cereal or corn flakes at this hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kp612
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Terrible filthy and the staff is clueless. My family and I checked in and out within 10 mins. When I alerted the staff to their BUG problem I was offered another room..Uh NO THANKS!!

Yes the rooms are huge kitchenette , living room, dining room huge bedroom. At one time this must have been a nice place, not now..

1 Thank Frugalfranie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Walls, doors, carpet, vents, window ledges, all dusty or dirty. The smell from after entering lobby, enough to gag you. Couldn't go into breakfast room because it smelled so bad. This hotel smelled more like an old apartment building in a very ethnic area. Guests were cooking full meals using strong herbs and spices for everyone else to smell while trying to go to bed. Location was disappointing. Very far from the wonderful downtown Alexandria area where we had to drive to for dinner. Wouldn't stay here for free in the future. Update and remove kitchens!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ECG354
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wish I could give negative star rating. Worse experience ever. Checked in on a sunday evening. Paid with cash as I always do. Tuesday the air conditioning goes out. We are assured it is being fixed and dealt with it for the evening. Went out the next day and arrived back at 9:30 pm to an 84 degree room. Went to front desk and was told they are still working on it, but have made arrangements with another hotel, BUT....this other hotel charges for parking and it would cost me $100. Washington suites refused to cover the other room. Wife and I spent an hour checking other hotels in the area. Found one and checked out. Couldnt get my money back. No manager available. Told I would receive a check in the mail in a few weeks. Took two more days of stopping at the hotel, requesting managers, phoning managers and finally got our money back Friday evening at midnight. WORSE experience ever. Do not waste your time or money. Homewood Suites in Alexandria is an outstanding hotel and took real great care of my family and I on our vacation when this dump refused to.

Room Tip: Any room that is NOT in this building would be a better option. Homewood Suites in Alexandria is FA...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles