New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Newton, Kansas
“cockroach in our suite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

At first we thought it was okay but when we got up in the morning we found that there was a cockroach crawling up on wall in our kitchen/eating area. The rooms are large and if you are able to secure a clean room then this would be an okay place to stay. the breakfast is okay for someone without food allergies but if you are looking for variety or fresh fruit this is not the place. We were looking for anything without gluten in it but yogurt is all they had. No rice cereal or corn flakes at this hotel.

3 Thank kp612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Terrible filthy and the staff is clueless. My family and I checked in and out within 10 mins. When I alerted the staff to their BUG problem I was offered another room..Uh NO THANKS!!

Yes the rooms are huge kitchenette , living room, dining room huge bedroom. At one time this must have been a nice place, not now..

1 Thank Frugalfranie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Walls, doors, carpet, vents, window ledges, all dusty or dirty. The smell from after entering lobby, enough to gag you. Couldn't go into breakfast room because it smelled so bad. This hotel smelled more like an old apartment building in a very ethnic area. Guests were cooking full meals using strong herbs and spices for everyone else to smell while trying to go to bed. Location was disappointing. Very far from the wonderful downtown Alexandria area where we had to drive to for dinner. Wouldn't stay here for free in the future. Update and remove kitchens!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ECG354
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wish I could give negative star rating. Worse experience ever. Checked in on a sunday evening. Paid with cash as I always do. Tuesday the air conditioning goes out. We are assured it is being fixed and dealt with it for the evening. Went out the next day and arrived back at 9:30 pm to an 84 degree room. Went to front desk and was told they are still working on it, but have made arrangements with another hotel, BUT....this other hotel charges for parking and it would cost me $100. Washington suites refused to cover the other room. Wife and I spent an hour checking other hotels in the area. Found one and checked out. Couldnt get my money back. No manager available. Told I would receive a check in the mail in a few weeks. Took two more days of stopping at the hotel, requesting managers, phoning managers and finally got our money back Friday evening at midnight. WORSE experience ever. Do not waste your time or money. Homewood Suites in Alexandria is an outstanding hotel and took real great care of my family and I on our vacation when this dump refused to.

Room Tip: Any room that is NOT in this building would be a better option. Homewood Suites in Alexandria is FA...
3 Thank Jason343
Hamilton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel is showing its age a bit. We usually rent condos, so the space was smaller than we are used to, but I knew that going in. I knew we weren't going to cook much, but come on, one fork, one spoon for a room designed for 6.
The pool was well taken care of. 2 lifeguards every day.
Front desk was friendly and usually very helpful. I did ask for some more spoons so we could eat our ice cream we bought, and never got them.
One of the shuttle drivers was very good and very knowledgable. The others, I felt, did not always follow driving rules. One turned left in front of a trick that I felt was a bit close.
The in house restaurant was good. Bartenders/ servers were very friendly. We ate with them 3 times and enjoyed all the meals.
I would like to see them add fruit to the breakfast bar. Other than that, it's a typical included breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was NOT the fresh, bright and wonderful hotel my family and I were expecting for our D.C. vacation. Drab would be how I would describe the hotel itself. We checked-in in the evening and was given a room that appeared as if someone had just stayed in. Found bread in the kitchen, trash on the balcony and bottle cap and candy on the floor in the room. Shortly thereafter we smelled gas in the kitchen. We should have just checked right back out. We were accommodated instead in their 2 bedroom, 2 bath, suite which sort of made up the inconvenience. Regardless, the floors were creaky all over, décor/furniture was outdated and needed cleaning. Breakfast in the morning could have used more variety. It was mostly, if not all, breads and cereal. No fruits, eggs or bacon/sausage. The hotel appeared busy yet I must have only seen a total of 4 staff during our stay. We didn't even bother checking out the pool or other accommodations (if there were any) as we were already disappointed. Next time we're staying at a Hilton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank eyelvert
Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Creaky floors, hair on "clean towels", worn out carpet and dated kitchens. The rooms look absolutely nothing like the website photos. Also, look at the reviews on the hotel site. Notice anything? They are all from. The same day, in February 2013. Want to guess why? Possibly because they are fake. I can handle a lot, but an unclean room , unsanitary linens, and terribly worn out accommodations aren't among them. Sleep in your car, it's a better option!!!

• Stayed July 2014