“So so”

Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
A TripAdvisor Member
“So so”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful on our arrival. The room for the most part was clean, the kitchenette needed to be more thoroughly cleaned and so did the balcony they both were very displeasing to me. The beds were comfortable, the doors shut very hard so every time someone left their room you knew it!

The restaurant on site was very loud and understaffed. The food was good but service was slow due to only one server and the place was packed. Would be nice if there was an area where you could separate families from the bar. Bar patrons were very loud and vulgar and that wasn't cool with young children.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not only did they charge me twice for our room but there isn't ever a manager on staff to get it taken care of. 5 days later and they keep making excuses. Maybe if someone on staff spoke fluent English it would help. It is nothing but re-done broken down apartments. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Beware.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank chasesmithxray
MikeBarberGM, General Manager at Washington Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Chasesmithxray,

I apologize for the difficulty that you have had with your hotel bill. We rarely have issues with double billing and they are generally resolved the same day (Monday - Friday). When you receive confirmation of my reply, please contact me at the hotel directly. If you get my voice mail, please leave me a message. I will return your call the same day.

703-370-9293 extension 7150
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

mayodrane

I have cancer and have to check into Washington hospital monthly. Vicky Catherine the manager takes care of my reservation personally. She ensures a room is available for my comfort and family member everytime I call. She is wonderful.

Lubna checks me in and ensures I'm given the comfort of the same room whenever possible. She always smiles and talks to me about my family and her's . She has great customer friendly skills. She is great.

Carman the front desk manager was the first person that welcome me and listened to my story. She immediately told me to let Vicky know about my health and frequent visits. She took my health issues on as though i was family. She always makes sure my needs are meet. She is great.

I love the homely feeling I get from the above three and staff. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are warm and clean. I would recommend me the staff and hotel.

mayodrane

Room Tip: I have never been given a bad room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank virginia m
Virginia M,

Thank you for your kind words concerning the staff at the Washington Suites Alexandria. Being situated close to a number of hospitals, the staff works hard to ensure that patients and their families are warmly welcomed and feel at home. Carmen, our front desk manager and Vicky Catherine, our reservations manager, have been with the hotel for a number of years. I will pass on your comments to both of them and Loubna. If there is anything that you need on your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I wish you well.

Loganville
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed at Washington Suites in Alexcandria and had a fantastic time. We took our little dog and he to had a great time. It was very pet friendly. The Staff was excellent and very friendly. They went out of their way to help us in everyway. I cant say enough good things about the staff. The room was excellent. Very clean, lots of room, even though we where on the street side, it was very quite. Beds and pillows where very comfy. Breakfast buffet was very tasty, with lots of healthy foods, many juices to choose from and the ladies working it where very nice. We gave them a good tip and a big hug when we left. Felt like we had known them forever. Our dog did bark a bit when we would leave him in the room, but they never once complained and totaly understood him being in a strange place. When eating breakfast our last day before leaving, they came to our table and brought us a Hersey Bar. Was very sweet of them to do so. We hated to leave our new friends. We will certainly stay there at on our next trip. I highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank jeanne j
Jeanne J, I am glad that you found the Washington Suites Alexandria to your liking. Washington DC is such a wonderful place to visit. I can imagine how you and your family felt seeing the Capitol, the White House and the monuments for the first time. They are breathtaking in person.

As you mentioned, we are pet friendly and do have pet waste stations located on the property. I will also pass on your comments to the breakfast team, Abena and Luze. They so enjoy to getting to know our guest and I am sure they appreciated the big hug. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing again on your 2nd visit to DC.

Connecticut
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very easy to get to/from metro via Van Dorn. Shuttle was quick--no issues with delays, just keep hotel phone number handy so you can call when you need a pick up. Hotel room was sparkling clean. No, I mean really sparkling! We had a double suite with a balcony--no real view, but nice to chill out after walking the streets of DC all day. Beds and pillows were not super comfortable, but manageable. Kitchenette nice for between touring meals. Free breakfast was well done, mostly carbs though. Would've liked some hard boiled eggs or mini-quiche for some protein. Plenty of choices and fresh fruit and yogurt a plus.

Nearby grocery store (short shuttle ride on request), Seven-Eleven, Dominoes Pizza, and Reynolds Cafe just a stones throw away. In hotel restaurant was small, dark and LOUD! We called in our menu choices and brought them back to the room. Delicious Reubens, Roast Beef, and Steak and Cheese. Soup was good too. Fries weren't the best, so I chose the side salad which was as expected.

Pool looked nice, but wasn't open yet. Too bad they don't have an indoor pool--this would've made it a 5 on my property rating!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator!
2 Thank TravelCT354
Dear TravelCT354,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The hotel shuttle is a convenient way to get around the area. We operate within a 1 mile radius of the hotel to places such as the Van Dorn Metro, restaurants, grocery stores and shopping. Your tip on having the telephone number handy is a good one. We give out business cards to our guests so that they have the number handy.

Our restaurant does at time get crowded but I am happy that you decided to do carry out as I am a big fan of their food. The roast beef sandwich that you had is one of my favorites and we get a number of comments of the reubens as well. I will let you in on a little secret, their pizzas are fantastic. Everything is made from scratch.

Our pool is seasonal and opens each year on the Saturday just before Memorial Day and remains open through Labor Day. It is a large pool and has extended hours this year - 10am to 10pm. We hope that you get a chance to visit us during the summer and experience our pool. Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Starting with Lubna, who worked the desk, to the ladies cleaning the rooms to the breakfast buffet staff everything met our needs. A family of five with 3 teenagers trying for that last vacation before they are off to college, this was perfect! Thank you

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sueshamrock100
Waterbury
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Would recommond this to family and friends. Staff courteous, friendly and helpful. Free shuttle to metro and free paring made the stay even more enjoyable. Definitely worth revisiting.

1 Thank marylou c