“Pretty solid craft beer and pizza joint”
Review of Pizzeria Paradiso

Pizzeria Paradiso
Ranked #28 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: We are a classic Neapolitan style pizzeria featuring a wood-fire brick oven to create our authentic. Our carefully curated RAMMY award winning beer program boasts 200 bottles, 15 rotating draft lines including one firkin of cask beer from craft breweries around the world. We are located in the heart of historic Old Town Alexandria, come and enjoy delicious food and drink within the context of a relaxed dining experience.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Went in here with a couple for whom I am officiating their wedding ceremony to discuss schedule and logistics and enjoy some craft brew and food. The bottle selection is outstanding, they have even more craft beers in bottles/cans than noted Old Town craft brew pub Bilbo Baggins. The only minor issue I had was that of the first 3 beers I ordered (2 on tap, 1 in bottle) they were out, which was irritating. However, I did enjoy an excellent SchneiderWeisse Sour Ale, and I also sampled the "Pizze Atomica" which was topped with fresh mozzarella, plum tomatoes, kalamata olives, and real salami aka "salame". I say "real" because it was of the very fresh, nitrate-free, somewhat gamy tasting variety like a hard prosciutto or a carpaccio (except obviously cooked). The crust was very crisp from the wood-fired brick ovens. Very delicious, and unique. The only mild issue is that it was, naturally, pretty salty between the salame and the olives. Also, this place is not cheap, be prepared to spend 20 bucks on a large pizza which is about the size of most chain pizza joints medium size, and the craft beers run between 6 and 12 bucks per glass on 9-12 ounce pours.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The pizza here is ok, but not nearly as good as it is up the street at RedRocks. The best part of Pizzeria Paradiso is the beer selection.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our Top Notch server, Theo, was kind enough to recommend a Hardywood (Virginia) Singel Belgian ale to start, which was perfect with the variety of starters that we devoured, including the broccoli rabe, (Rapini), the roasted eggplant and goat cheese (Melanzane), and the delicious zippy speck & prosciutto (Carne).
The next beer that Theo approved of for my enjoyment was the Glimmerglass. I think he said he hadn't tried it yet. theo - grab a glass, it's great! It complemented the fantastic pizza, of which our table tried 6 varieties. For the record, I don't think they can make a "bad" pizza of that sublime crust. Yum. Just Yum!
And finally, I wanted a nice after dinner beer, yes, that is a thing!
Oh my gosh, Theo hit it out of the park with the Boulevard (Missouri) Chocolate Ale. It was so complex and chocolatey, but smooth, and rich. It was the perfect ending to a lovely, satisfying memorable meal. Made all the better by thoughtful, excellent service and a cool, inviting atmosphere. Thanks Pizzeria Paradiso, Thanks Theo! If you are deciding if you should go here, the answer is Yes! go! Now!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The have rotating beers on tap, and stock like 100 different craft beers. Pizzas are awesome but gourmet. Great Happy hour with half-priced appys and discounted drafts.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

A very busy place with good Pizza, remarkable beer choices and top staff so joyfull. My extra anchovies were no problem---most time it is--but not in Paradiso. My starter was a little undefinable--could have more italian taste. Maybe my gastro english waas not adequate and I should asked details of the stater before. No big deal. My son was 100% satisfied. It is still an EX for a Pizza place