“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Paradiso

Pizzeria Paradiso
Ranked #20 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: We are a classic Neapolitan style pizzeria featuring a wood-fire brick oven to create our authentic. Our carefully curated RAMMY award winning beer program boasts 200 bottles, 15 rotating draft lines including one firkin of cask beer from craft breweries around the world. We are located in the heart of historic Old Town Alexandria, come and enjoy delicious food and drink within the context of a relaxed dining experience.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We frequent Pizzeria Paradiso three, four, or more times per month. Most of the time we visit this one in Alexandria, but the other two sister restaurants in Georgetown and Dupont Circle are comparable. Everyone is friendly and helpful and know their products: food and beer. We usually dine during happy hour. My wife and I love the Bosco pizza the best. She always has a pizza and lately I've been eating the more healthful Antipasto Do Tonno E Fagioli, which is a dish of marinated tuna and white Beans in a mix of chives and olive oil. The Bosco pizza is adorned with Paradiso tomato, spinach, mozzarella, mushrooms, and red onion. The pizzas are served in 8 or 12-inch varieties. In addition to the normal pizza menu, a special creative pizza is always offered for the occasion or season. Like other places you can have your pizza to order. The beer selections are outstanding and change often. It's not unusual to find rare beers on tap, or to have brewery tap takeovers. I don't know the exact number of taps, although as many times as we've been there, you would think I would know this number. It's about 15 taps, plus they have beer from one cask, and approximately 250 beers in the bottle. In the bar area, you also get a small complementary serving of assorted olives. This is one of our two favorite hang-outs in Old Town.

Visited January 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
“Kid friendly, fun, delicious, high quality. Can't miss!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We have lived here for years and used a Trip Advisor query for pizza to show us a great restaurant that has been right under our noses! Superb fire-cooked pizza and outstanding craft beer selection. Cheery atmosphere. Trip Advisor strikes again with a perfect recommendation.

• Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great gourmet pizza and extensive beer list”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went with wife and son who is a craft beer fan. Pizza was very good and moderately priced. I'm not a huge beer fan but seeing entry price points for a glass of beer starting at $12.00 was a surprise to me. That said beer and pizza were very tasty...just not sold it was worth the cost of admission. Not much on the atmosphere side either.

• Visited December 2013
“Crowded Night, but Excellent Service”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The pizza here is as good as it needs to be anywhere. This is a family-style restaurant and, on the Friday night after Thanksgiving there were a lot of families, many with little ones in strollers - including us. We were there with our son and his wife and their 1 and 3 year olds. We were welcomed without eye rolls and heavy sighs - a table was made available as quickly as possible (about 20 mins) and the wait staff was attentive to the needs of the children. Great Pizza. Great Service

Visited November 2013
Vacaville, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here on a Sunday evening with family. The food was good. Not the best pizza I've ever had, but good. Long beer menu, SHORT dinner menu. Dessert can be skipped all together. My biggest complaint about the whole thing was our waitress. She was curt and basically just plain rude. Seemed annoyed by any question we had. Never once smiled. She carded everyone except the oldest lady at the table (who is not even close to old). Mind you, she carded the womans husband! If you card anyone, card EVERYONE. Overall, I wouldn't go back. I've had better pizza elsewhere and if I wanted to be treated that way I'd go I'd at least go somewhere the food is worth the price!

Been to Pizzeria Paradiso? Share your experiences!