“Lunch at the pizzeria”

Ranked #27 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: We are a classic Neapolitan style pizzeria featuring a wood-fire brick oven to create our authentic. Our carefully curated RAMMY award winning beer program boasts 200 bottles, 15 rotating draft lines including one firkin of cask beer from craft breweries around the world. We are located in the heart of historic Old Town Alexandria, come and enjoy delicious food and drink within the context of a relaxed dining experience.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had lunch at Pizzeria Paradiso on a Sunday afternoon with two friends...we had a pizza margherita and a pizza bosco. They were both very good; a brick oven pizza is always the best if you ask me. We also were given a small bowl of oil cured olives to munch on while we waited on our pizzas, and they were equally delicious. I would recommend this pizzeria to anyone who really likes a good brick oven pizza.
The only downside, if you want to call it that...was that it is such a good place to eat that it is busy, and it can be noisy. But for some, that is also a plus...

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I love the pizzas here! One time I had and inconvenient and the staff solved it fast. The atmosphere is very nice. I recommend it!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I feel qualified to write this based on having both worked and managed pizza places and a bistro of my own...so here goes. The positives...has some interesting pizza choices, a bazillion beers, is a good location in Old Town Alexandria and the atmosphere was pretty decent and clean. There were shakers of cheese and peppers on the table which was nice and the cheese seemed fresh compared to most places and service time was good for mid-afternoon. They also served a little dish of olives on arrival. Restroom was small, but fairly clean. The negatives...the olives were so salty you couldn't finish them, the pizza was decent, though lacked enough sauce and size choices were small and smaller. We asked for water w/lemon...of course...just water and had to ask again for lemon. Service after delivery of the pizza was non-existent....no follow-through at all. The beer prices were asinine...$6 for a beer I can get a 6-pack of for that price....and many were much more expensive than that. I'm all for a good pizza and paying a bit more, but this just didn't seem worth the extra effort to go there...I'll try Bugsy's next time across the street. Suggestion to management....get a bigger pie, add a little more sauce and have some OPTIONS for choices other than your pre-designated specialty pizzas.

1  Thank jfwilder
Reviewed October 25, 2012

In a very convenient location, on King Street, Pizzeria Paradiso, is one of our go-to places for good pizza. They have a daily special pizza which can be hit or miss but still better than most every other pizza place we've been to. The beer selection includes about a dozen beers on tap as well as tons of selections in bottles, and several ciders (which I am partial to). Good Happy Hour prices at the bar too.

The food menu offers several delicious salads and a nice antipasto dish, a couple of panini sandwiches (we've not tried the paninis yet) and several pizza selection as well as a create your own option. You can also choose between regular or whole wheat crust.

If you travel to Old Town via Metro, hop on the free trolley which takes you right down King St to the front doors of the restaurant. If you're driving, you can usually find street parking within a couple of blocks or at the Public parking garage under the town hall.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The good news is that the pizza at this area chain is very good without being fussy. Solid crust and toppings, and the menu allows you to stay basic or eclectic. Plenty of beer and other alcohol choices available, if you're so inclined. The problem, especially during night hours, is the incredible noise. The brick interior wall and metallic decor (including empty kegs), only accentuate the sound, which can be ear-numbing even with only a few folks gathered in the open bar area. The inside isn't that cramped, so there are things management could do to control the sound. Located in the heart of Old Town's restaurant block.

Been to Pizzeria Paradiso? Share your experiences!